Help - too many choices!

Guest GoTheMaroons

Hello,

I need some help! My other half and I really want to go to a festival this summer, but we are having real trouple deciding which one. Due to work (boo!) we only really have August available, and we are also going to take our 15 month old son, so want something fairly small and friendly.

At the moment we have 5 (yes 5!) main choices that we still can't choose between - Green Man, Beautiful Days, Croissant Neuf, Cropredy and Summer Sundae Weekender.

Ideally we would like something with a great kids area (or at least good kids events - even if he is a bit too small for them), but also a good mix of music, friendly atmosphere, decent loos, good food, better beer, sunshine and not too expensive. OK, so we are looking for the perfect festival!!!

Thrown into the mix, we might just be able to squeeze in Kendal Calling, Nozstock or Y-Not, but because of the dates ther'd have to be a great reason....

As you can probably tell, we are in a bit of a muddle at the moment! I am sure we'll have a great time wherever we go, but this is our first attempt at a festival with the wee one and I really want to find the best one possible so that we have good memories of it as a family and want to keep doing them in the future.

Any help, ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Thabo

Edited by GoTheMaroons

Thanks hellcats.

I've just heard about the Firegathering Festival as well and it is just down the road from us so I think we might go to that one also (we could just about walk to it so it would be rude not to go!). Does anyone know what the capacity for this is going to be this year?

We're still in a bit of a pickle for our summer festy fix though. The new announcements for Summer Sundae do look good, so that one might be the favourite now ...

Any more ideas or experiences from the others that might help us decide though would be great - particularly about taking young kids to Green Man or Cropredy as I can't find too much info on that from the websites...

Cheers,

Thabo

Thanks hellcats.

I've just heard about the Firegathering Festival as well and it is just down the road from us so I think we might go to that one also (we could just about walk to it so it would be rude not to go!). Does anyone know what the capacity for this is going to be this year?

We're still in a bit of a pickle for our summer festy fix though. The new announcements for Summer Sundae do look good, so that one might be the favourite now ...

Any more ideas or experiences from the others that might help us decide though would be great - particularly about taking young kids to Green Man or Cropredy as I can't find too much info on that from the websites...

Cheers,

Thabo

I like the sound of a changing room - changing a nappy in the mud and pouring rain (or in a portaloo) doesn't really appeal :)

We want somewhere up north because we are probably going to spend the rest of our time off (school holidays) either in Scotland or Wales and want to fit somewhere in either on the way up or down...

Having said that, we might end up going down to Devon or Cornwall for a bit of time on the beach and then end up at Beautiful Days.

Like I said before, I think we just have too many choices! Maybe we should just put them all in a hat and pick one out at random and go from there :P

It's kinda civilised without being full of straight heads if you see what I mean :D perfect if you've got a baby and also there's proper toilets and baby changing room (if i remember right) plus good kids area from what I've heard - i've never looked!

Firegathering looks great. If you live in sussex how come you want to go north for festi's? just out of interest!