All Tomorrows Parties - Nightmare Before Christmas

Guest The_Functions

I've had a look around and couldn't find this posted anywhere...

It has been confirmed that My Bloody Valentine will curate this years ATP: Nightmare Before Christmas.

Takes place December 4-6 at Minehead Butlins.

So far MBV have confirmed:

Sonic Youth

Horrors

De La Soul

EPMD

Sun Ra Arkestra

and of course, My Bloody Valentine.

If the rest of the line up looks half as good as this then it's going to be pretty special.

Anyone thinking of going here? Or have any of yous been to any of the ATP festivals before?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its all about EPDM (and all the over wonderful bands MBV will pick obviously..) I cant wait to hear Symphony 2000, i used to be obsessed with this song. It was a very nice surprise to see MBV picked them out :huh:

I'm not sure when tickets are available but its the week before my 21st and i actually couldn't think of any better way to celebrate! Perfect.

Its all about EPDM (and all the over wonderful bands MBV will pick obviously..) I cant wait to hear Symphony 2000, i used to be obsessed with this song. It was a very nice surprise to see MBV picked them out :unsure:

I'm not sure when tickets are available but its the week before my 21st and i actually couldn't think of any better way to celebrate! Perfect.

All the info about tickets in on the official site. They go on sale this Friday. For the first week there £20 off (£130 for a ticket). Second week there is £10 pff (£140 for a tickets) and then they go on sale for the normal price. That is while the tickets at those prices last as well i.e. there are only a certain amount of tickets at the discounted prices.

Also another a bit of info thats not listed on this even is often some of the bigger/popular bands will do 2 sets over the festival in case of clashes etc. This is to help with clashes and give people the best chance of seeing the bands they want to. Sometimes this means you can see the band twice if you want to, but sometimes a wristband type thing is brought into effect to make sure everyone gets a fiar chance to see them, i.e. if you see one performance prority is given to the people who didn't see thme to the second performance.

Again hope that makes sense. Thought it was worth mentioning as don't think it is mentioned on the site and I think it is an excellent idea.

Apparently these are the bands MBV had for their New Your ATP;

My Bloody Valentine

Dinosaur Jr

Mogwai

Yo La Tengo

Mercury Rev

Gemma Hayes

Wounded Kness

Robin Gutherie

Brian Jonestown Massacre

Bob Mould

…And You Will Know Us By

The Trail of Dead

EPMD

Lilys

Spectrum

The Wounded Knees

Le Volume Courbe

Not sure if that makes any of them less or more likely. Though would love some of them to be there again. Think thier is a really good chance of Dinosaur Jr turning up again. Le volume Courbe supported them at thier roundhous gigs as well so seems to be a connection there. Hopefully they will get a just as good selection again.

Apparently these are the bands MBV had for their New Your ATP;

My Bloody Valentine

Dinosaur Jr

Mogwai

Yo La Tengo

Mercury Rev

Gemma Hayes

Wounded Kness

Robin Gutherie

Brian Jonestown Massacre

Bob Mould

…And You Will Know Us By

The Trail of Dead

EPMD

Lilys

Spectrum

The Wounded Knees

Le Volume Courbe

Not sure if that makes any of them less or more likely. Though would love some of them to be there again. Think thier is a really good chance of Dinosaur Jr turning up again. Le volume Courbe supported them at thier roundhous gigs as well so seems to be a connection there. Hopefully they will get a just as good selection again.

• 2 weeks later...

YES

Thank goodness for the instalment plan on tickets- got mine done and dusted!

This is going to be a very special weekend, to see these great bands tread the same floorboards as other amazing butlins performers like Peter Kay.

Now just need to work out how to get down there..anyone going from near Manchester that has four places in there car? Anyone?! Or does anyone know of any websites/forums dedicated to lift sharing? X

So who has sorted out going to this yet? I had to take the plunge when all the 2 berths started to sell out, apparently they will all be gone within the next few days! couldn't really afford it but found a way. Amazing how quickly its selling out this year, must be the quickest in recent memory.

So who has sorted out going to this yet? I had to take the plunge when all the 2 berths started to sell out, apparently they will all be gone within the next few days! couldn't really afford it but found a way. Amazing how quickly its selling out this year, must be the quickest in recent memory.

yeah, really wanted to get one of the discounted ones but couldn't afford it. It was only when the twin 2 berths sold out I really had to find away so got a double twin berth for me and the gf. MBV and Sonic Youth are two of the, if not THE best bands I've ever seen live so no way I could miss it, same goes for the gf. Hell, even the new Horrors album is good. Can't wait to see who else is announced.

That really was a great gig, can't believe they played a venue that small. Was third and best time I've seen them. Seemed to be a general opinion that it has the best they have been for ages, tho saying that they were stunning at the Daydream Nation shows.

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I would get this topic back on the page an these festivals never seem to get much discussion on here!

Has everyone planning on going got tickets yet?

Really looking forward to the next announcment, we should be getting one pretty soon, been ages since the last one. Heard rumours that The Fall, Buzzcocks and Public Enemy will be playing. This is kind of one of those my firend manages a band playing and knows this type rumour so could be TOTAL bullshit but thought I would mention it anyway.

Has such an amazing time at the Fans Strike back so excited for this one. Will hopefully and probably have a bit more time to chill at this one though. It was nice weather so was trying to fit in as much as possible; Swimming Pool, Beach, Fairgroud (woo bumper cars) etc. Most of that apart from the pool will be closed in December cause it will be damn freezing!

Also don't think it has been mentioned on here but apparently the plan is MY Bloody Valentine will play 3 sets, one on every night so everyone gets a chance to see them. I guess this may get downgraded too just 2 sets but still. I assume Sonic Youth will also play twice.

So who else is still pretty excited by this?

Also don't think it has been mentioned on here but apparently the plan is MY Bloody Valentine will play 3 sets, one on every night so everyone gets a chance to see them. I guess this may get downgraded too just 2 sets but still. I assume Sonic Youth will also play twice.

So who else is still pretty excited by this?