Sign in to follow this  
Guest RichardH

A new Leicestershire festival...

Say what you like, I can't wait to get to the new band stage in time for Rock Band To Be Confirmed.

What I like about this is not only is it not exactly Leicestershire's most value for money festival, it's not even Leicestershire's only tribute acts/very young guitar bands festival.

Brace yourself for this. If you look closely at the comedy lineup, there is a Chubby Brown TRIBUTE ACT.

I feel sick.

It wouldn't be so bad if it were more like Glastonbudget, a cheap weekend for a bit of fun, see some local acts and a few tribute bands.

It's the overpricing, tribute comedy acts (WTH?), X-Factorness and general tackiness touch to it.

Say what you like, I can't wait to get to the new band stage in time for Rock Band To Be Confirmed.

What I like about this is not only is it not exactly Leicestershire's most value for money festival, it's not even Leicestershire's only tribute acts/very young guitar bands festival.

And don't forget Fristock and all the other mini-festivals & fetes running throughout Leicestershire this summer. I'll be at as many as possible, Summerdayze excluded.

This is actually a fundraiser for a pressure group campaigning against the proposed Eco-Town in Leicestershire. Funny how they don't mention it on their website?

really. i didnt know that either. this isnt the time or place, but i could amusingly debate their beliefs.

Interstingly, all the customer info on the summer dayze website is directly ripped off - literally word for word - from the Glastonbury site - inlcuding all the stuff about having a parking pass on your windscreen from five miles away! :D

Are they going to try & say it has been cancelled for reasons beyond their control?

It seems they never applied for a license in the first place:

http://www.leicestershireshow.co.uk/news-56.html

If you know anyone who bought tickets, tell them to get their credit card companies to do a chargeback, or wave goodbye to their cash!