Yeah Yeah Yeahs?

Guest Midnight Man

had a little look at the tour dates.....

My prediction is.... no yeah yeah yeahs for you.

It would take some sort of super-human effort to come back to England, from France, to play a gig for which you get very little money, then bomb straight the hell out of there the next day, off t Vienna.

it's too improbable. can't be interested......

Seeing them next week. Love their first 2 albums, although I have to say the new album is pretty dire. What's with all that tacky maudlin electro balladry shit? I also didn't like the way they performed on Jools. She had this cheesy grin perpetually fixated on her face.

Saw them a couple of years ago and they were immense. I want the old YYYs back!

Did you like their previous albums? I like bands changing, and I like electro style music - but It's Blitz is just plain bad. There weren't a lot of bands who sounded like and had the energy that the YYYs had. IMO they've abandond everything that made them different and good, and replaced it with sub standard electro pop. WHY?

I can't imagine many of their old fans liking this.

Show your bones is one of my favourite albums but i still rate It's Blitz. The electro works well and its not like they've ditched the old sound - songs like soft shock, dull life or heads will role would fit into either of the previous albums.

anyway, can't see it happening but would love to see them at glasto

Did you like their previous albums? I like bands changing, and I like electro style music - but It's Blitz is just plain bad. There weren't a lot of bands who sounded like and had the energy that the YYYs had. IMO they've abandond everything that made them different and good, and replaced it with sub standard electro pop. WHY?

I love their first two albums and I love It's Blitz. It's a natural evolution of their sound. They've always incorporated keyboards and synths, they're just more prevalent. Nick Zinner's guitar is still very much present on the new album.

From all the people I know who like the YYYs love the new album. It's just opinions isn't it.

It would take some sort of super-human effort to come back to England, from France, to play a gig for which you get very little money, then bomb straight the hell out of there the next day, off t Vienna.