Sponsors (radios) and stalls?

Guest ceecee

Having heard that BBC 6Music is going all out with 'exclusive' Glastonbury presence (while having cut back all of their SXSW coverage, for instance), would I be wrong in supposing that sadly they'll not make an appearance at this year's SSW? If so, it'd be a pity, as the (good) DJs on that station (not the crappy ones, who care about celebrities and Eastenders, of course) are really quite good and I have fond memories of meeting lots of the old guard at SSW 2006. :lol:

On the plus side, are we still getting a real ale and cocktails bar? Again, I have VERY fond cocktail-related memories of past weekenders...

i too hope they don't fully pull out. I think their promotion of teh event is superb.

As a regular 6music listener it attracted me SSW, firstly by its coverage of SSW06 (gutted as was being dragged to V) and then to enlightenment at how a music festival can be at SSW07 and then with more friends last year at SSW08. My tickets arrived today for SSW09 and whilst I didnt recognise some of teh names, a few trips around myspace and it's "Oh, Thats Teitur - i love that song, and Oh Noisettes", and where have I heard them. On heavy rotation on 6Music.

Keep the link with 6 and keep attracting new people to sunny Leicester (3hrs away for me incidently).

Having heard that BBC 6Music is going all out with 'exclusive' Glastonbury presence (while having cut back all of their SXSW coverage, for instance), would I be wrong in supposing that sadly they'll not make an appearance at this year's SSW? If so, it'd be a pity, as the (good) DJs on that station (not the crappy ones, who care about celebrities and Eastenders, of course) are really quite good and I have fond memories of meeting lots of the old guard at SSW 2006. ;)

On the plus side, are we still getting a real ale and cocktails bar? Again, I have VERY fond cocktail-related memories of past weekenders...

Edited by RichardH

Well, definitions of irony have just reached new heights.

Amongst the nominations for the Sony Radio Awards this year is the following in 'Best Coverage of a Live Event'

That would be BBC 6 Music for the Summer Sundae Weekender...

Edited by RichardH