first time at reading

Guest *sen*

Be my first Reading too and was just wondering do I NEED a locker? Or can I survive without one?

Also how many people dont wash over the weekend? Becuase Ill probably be too drunk to bother then ill be sleeping all morning and when i wake up ill either be eating or drinking again lol. No time.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weather is nothing, nothing like having an epic rainfall halfway through like The Verve at V last year. That was a quality introduction to a British festival for me even if you do say it's V.

And if youre getting a tent make sure you get one of those which has an entrance, ours failed last year and the tent basically was covered in mud.

• 4 weeks later...
The only official thing is the Dance Tent on sundays and the Silent Disco which might play some.

Just take a wander around the camps and you might find some geezers playing some on speakers, which is always a laugh, just wander up and join them.

And to the OP, just don't be a dick, try and avoid trouble (trashing stuff) camp in green if you want fun and some peace and quiet, yellow is a bit hectic for a person going first time who's nervous. Just enjoy yourself, go with an open mind (or take something to open your mind, but be careful), make sure you have food money or any food so you don't starve and don't trash people's stuff!

Enjoy it, look forward to it and you'll have one of the best weekends of your life.

The only official thing is the Dance Tent on sundays and the Silent Disco which might play some.

Just take a wander around the camps and you might find some geezers playing some on speakers, which is always a laugh, just wander up and join them.

And to the OP, just don't be a dick, try and avoid trouble (trashing stuff) camp in green if you want fun and some peace and quiet, yellow is a bit hectic for a person going first time who's nervous. Just enjoy yourself, go with an open mind (or take something to open your mind, but be careful), make sure you have food money or any food so you don't starve and don't trash people's stuff!

Enjoy it, look forward to it and you'll have one of the best weekends of your life.

but if 90,000 people all think its unbearable and 90,000 people piss in a bush they won't get a licsense for next year. glastonbury had the same trouble.

do what we do most days have a walk in to town and have breakfast somewhere and use the toilet services at the same time. its worth it.

Fair enough, I'm quite adverse to yellow camp, as last year a LOT of stuff got trashed, tents burnt etc. Wasn't too pleasant to walk through on the sunday night at all.

By the way, I'm 18 years old and I don't like it that much, I'm not an older fest goer who hates kids trashing shit. Green still has a laugh, but you can always sleep a bit there, rather than in Yellow, it'll be pretty damn tough.

• 1 month later...

Hey, new to reading really need some help! chase and status on the sunday i want to see, but also bloc party which is a bit after on main stage, then i want to go back to deadmau5 on dance stage for sunday night? Does anyone know if i would make that because i dont know how far away stages are etc.

Lewis

Hey, new to reading really need some help! chase and status on the sunday i want to see, but also bloc party which is a bit after on main stage, then i want to go back to deadmau5 on dance stage for sunday night? Does anyone know if i would make that because i dont know how far away stages are etc.

Lewis

Going by last years times, I'd say Chase & Status finish at 7.30 which is when Bloc Party start, so you'll miss the first or last tune of whichever you choose. It's really not that far from the dance tent to main stage, 150 metres probably. You'll make it no problems, just have to push in a bit. Deadmau5 you'll have plenty of time to get back

http://wozafriday.com/wp-content/uploads/2...o%20Reading.jpg (dance tent is blue one)

Lewis

Edited by markeee