NO METAL DAY

Guest thoumasked

Frankly i'm stunned you would even state the obvious "their a business" when Mr Power is involved, but still, to go with it and further correct you and seeing as you noted large festivals are apparently businesses, what with metal also apparently out of date, i'm confident those incharge of the 6 new metal festivals across europe this year, including the U.K. are far more business minded than you and can clearly see profit in such a seemingly popular venture. I politly suggest you turn the Arctic Monkeys down and listen to things that happen around you before mashing a keyboard and hitting add reply.

Thankyou, and i agree.

Seems many people need to learn the meaning of gereralised and exceptions.

So, to finish with the best line yet.

Inexplicably correct, disagreement shows a lack of experience with Reading or ignorence.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats lovely, sadly i mentioned nothing about the good old days of a heavier Reading, the closest i got to that was quickly responding to the quote including: "load of similar genre bands"

I have my tickets due to this

I also doubt if they announce a stunning and now totally unexpected set of pre '09 Reading bands that i could log on to see tickets and still get a ticket.

I will assume this bit is in reference to the childish, unsubstatiated claim at the start of my previous post in which case wheres the harm in exposing someone's lack of knowledge on a subject they choose to comment on with a little evidence. I guess i could say everyone will realise what a mistake indie music was next year, i have no evidence for this however, i assume this is preferable.

As for the use of the word inexplicibly, i see nothing wrong. Generally when i want to exagerate a point, i use a word to exagerate it, normally this method receives no complaints.

In short, thankyou kindly for replying but no response is better than a largely irrelevent one.

As entertaining as it is to read some of the conspiracy theories on here (e.g. it's all pop bands or a V line up-balls, the problem is nearly everyone has played R/L repeatedly, or it's all a media conspiracy to hypnotise people in trendy wellies and people who like the line up are not 'proper' rock fans-well that's just arrogance deeming your subjective opinion as more valuable than anyone who likes different music to you etc etc), I think the lack of metal is as much a result of commercial pressure as much as anything else. R/L is now getting squeezed by Download and Sonisphere on one side and V/T on the other (though to be fair T has the likes of NIN, Janes Addiction, Manics, Nick Cave), in a year when the general perception is that disposable income is going to be much less freely available, so like the other major festivals they're playing it safe. OK, more than the other festivals they're playing it safe, they've positioned themselves firmly in the 'indie rock' land between DL and V.

Either that or they've realised it'll sell out anyway, despite the price rise, and they can't be bothered paying for anyone DL/SS might want or who wants paying in suddenly-more-expensive dollars :lol:

Edited by MEGABOWL

Everyone knew what the rummours and everyone knew that they will probly be trueand guees what they are!

There are deliberate heavy rock festivals you all no that so why not go there and have a good time and let the people who actualy want to go to reading have a good time.

Its things like this that realy get on my tits and I know it sounds lame but kids in Africa die from aids and no water and ur moaning because your favourite act isnt at your 200 pound festival.

worth a thought?

thers no point any of us commenting on these forums if youre going to nullify any opinion with 'its better than kids dying in africa'

im pissed off with the line up ----- its better than dying of aids in africa

i wish my two fav bands wernt clashing on diff stages---------- its better than dying of aids in africa

touts on e-bay rip people off-----------its better than dying of aids in africa

Right so if you are not happy you have to stay quiet and are not allowed an opinion ? when they sell tickets days after the event for the next year many people are left in a position of trusting F.R to put on a good bill. Been every year since 1999, this year is shit and first time I couldn't be bothered to go. Do people have no right to complain ?

Would love to see the reaction if they decided not to book the flavour of the month floppy fringed skinny jean wearing sad indie shite. Think then a few hypocrites would be outed. As for f**king off to another festival, I already am.

i got mine a few days after last years festival. The advantages are, cheaper ticket prices and no stressful mad dash on the official release day in march. However, you have to be willing to pay the price for that..which is not knowing the line up. Obvious, I know. Leeds for me is about the atmosphere, meeting new people, getting battered and generally having a good time. Some of the best times ive had at leeds were during bands im not too arsed about, chilling on the grass and getting chatting to people. :lol:

You 2 finished flirting now? Right, back on topic. Like you guys, i always buy in the pre-sale. Y'know why? Yup, cos Reading/Leeds are great diverse festivals with lots of different tastes catered for. This year, however, no diversity = people being p*ssed off.

Like the other guy above, i've been going to Reading for some time (1997) and this may be the 1st year i give it a miss. I bought my tickets in good faith, the faith being that since '97 they've really mixed it up on the main stage. I'm not paying £££££ so i can see all my fave bands relegated to a tiny tent in the corner of the arena with bad sound and limited view. I wanna be bouncing around from stage to stage catching bands i wouldn't normally see as i'm waiting for the bands i did wanna see.

Not so, this year :D

"F*ck off to Download/Sonisphere then"...... i already am, i've attended Reading all these years due to the diverse lineup - not cos i only listen to punk/metal.

Like you guys, i always buy in the pre-sale. Y'know why? Yup, cos Reading/Leeds are great diverse festivals with lots of different tastes catered for. This year, however, no diversity = people being p*ssed off.

Like the other guy above, i've been going to Reading for some time (1997) and this may be the 1st year i give it a miss. I bought my tickets in good faith, the faith being that since '97 they've really mixed it up on the main stage. I'm not paying £££££ so i can see all my fave bands relegated to a tiny tent in the corner of the arena with bad sound and limited view. I wanna be bouncing around from stage to stage catching bands i wouldn't normally see as i'm waiting for the bands i did wanna see.

Not so, this year :D

"F*ck off to Download/Sonisphere then"...... i already am, i've attended Reading all these years due to the diverse lineup - not cos i only listen to punk/metal.

Been to Reading last 5 years and havn't met 1 person yet that has wanted to fight, steal or set fire to me!!!!!! Maybe im just one of the lucky few!!! Personally i think lineup this year is looking brilliant and can't wait for good music, sun, tuborg and lots of drunk 16 year old girls!!! yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaa

Been to Reading last 5 years and havn't met 1 person yet that has wanted to fight, steal or set fire to me!!!!!! Maybe im just one of the lucky few!!! Personally i think lineup this year is looking brilliant and can't wait for good music, sun, tuborg and lots of drunk 16 year old girls!!! yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaa

• 2 weeks later...

its funny how rock is being percieved as the heavier metal side!

i agree with the sex on fire comment ^, but although its not as good as their early stuff its still not bad, definately a worthy headliner.

like its been said before, if you predominantly want metal try download, maybe reading is too 'mainstream' for you guys! lmao

im going to have a great time :P