you can do better than that glasto

Guest richybear

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the fact is it works out at £30 odd quid a day and there are many, many hundreds of acts and performers across a massive site, literally something for everbody. if you can't pick something out that you DO want to do you shouldn't be out and about anyways. booked last year without knowing or caring beforehand,same this year .just my 2 pennies .

as mentioned just my opinion, no real need to call it bollocks, it was just an observation made on my time there.

Christ, I love Glastonbury and its deffinately the best part of the year, im just offering my thoughts. If you dont like them, no need to call them bollocks. That would just be like me saying that your opinion is worth f**k all wouldnt it, but hey, I'm not going to drop to that level.

Could it be worth mentioning that the rise in publicity for overseas festivals are a lot to do with the fact that not all tickets were bought?

The reason there is theiving at Glasto is the same as all festivals. Lots of drunk/drugged people who leave their tents unguarded. With or without registration it is still an easy day at the office for scousers.....I mean eh theives. Nothing to do with any act anyway.

Edited by BenchBuddah

The reason there is theiving at Glasto is the same as all festivals. Lots of drunk/drugged people who leave their tents unguarded. With or without registration it is still an easy day at the office for scousers.....I mean eh theives. Nothing to do with any act anyway.

hmm a very considered, intellectual response. If you would have actually read what i was saying you would see that i pointed out the festival is sold and judged on the headliners. All festivals are, Glasto is no different although people on here would have you believe otherwise. Along with previous weather conditions thats why it initially didn't sell out last year. Alot of the usual suspects stayed away, the tickets were taken up by new, intrigued punters previously put off by having 10 mins to buy a ticket and it was possibly the best one yet. I'm sure the line up will be ace when released in its entirety, you ain't gonna get a load of kids and generally youthful people buying tickets tho based on this years headliners, thereby keeping the demographic fresh. Thankfully they'll be there due to the success of last year tho.

I remember a news item on here saying that groups of thieves were going around a lot of festivals robbing last year - it wasn't just at Glasto they were active.

There are some good bits of advise on security on the festival section somewhere. I'll go find a link.

edit - Here

Edited by sifimaster

as mentioned just my opinion, no real need to call it bollocks, it was just an observation made on my time there.

Christ, I love Glastonbury and its deffinately the best part of the year, im just offering my thoughts. If you dont like them, no need to call them bollocks. That would just be like me saying that your opinion is worth f**k all wouldnt it, but hey, I'm not going to drop to that level.

Could it be worth mentioning that the rise in publicity for overseas festivals are a lot to do with the fact that not all tickets were bought?

Well if this is your first one I can tell you now you will most certainly have a fab time and I rekon you will most likley be on the "I'll go whoever is playing" next time, Lol

Its such a fantastic festival, d I can see how the headline rumors can effect

first timers decision, Its my partners first time and I think he would be the same if it was'nt

for me bleating on about how every one needs to go at least once in there lifetime and how he will like it .

I dont know If Im more excited about going myself or at the thought of my partner having his first glasto experience, and knowing he's going to be blown over by it all.

Well if this is your first one I can tell you now you will most certainly have a fab time and I rekon you will most likley be on the "I'll go whoever is playing" next time, Lol

first timers decision, Its my partners first time and I think he would be the same if it was'nt

for me bleating on about how every one needs to go at least once in there lifetime and how he will like it .

I dont know If Im more excited about going myself or at the thought of my partner having his first glasto experience, and knowing he's going to be blown over by it all.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

If people don't want Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen and Blur headlining, who do they want?

It can't be KoL (they played last year).

It can't be the killers (they played in 2007 and said they don't want to do it again for a while)

It can't be the verve (played last year)

It could be Bloc Party, Franz Ferdinand or Keane but they are going to play anyway in lower slots

It can't be Oasis (they said they don't want to play)

It could be Radiohead but they are playing reading and will probably play Glasto 2010 anyway

It could be Coldplay but they have headlined twice recently so would be seen as repetitive, will probably headline again in near future, and are looking very possible for this years 4th headliner

It can't be Arctic Monkeys (they played in 2007 and are at reading)

It could be Kanye West but he looks likely for other stage

It could be Amy Winehouse but unreliable and doubtful if she would be seen as headliner material

It can't be U2 (ME has given up asking them, although eventually U2 will probably ask to play)

It can't be Metallica or RATM (heavy bands rarely ever play)

It probably can't be the Prodigy (disagreements with ME although still maybe a small possibility for other stage headline)

It can't be REM (not touring)

It could be Stereophonics or Basement Jaxx but not really headline status anymore

So that leaves Razorlight or Snow Patrol or Kasabian or somebody unexpected.

I don't think Razorlight or Snow Patrol are good enough or ready yet for a Glastonbury headline slot, and I think most people would agree with me.

So is it Kasabian that people are so desperate to have?

Edited by pedmills

Nice positive post there, barbienightmare. The world needs people like you to balance the grumpy people like me :lol: ......I mean :rolleyes:

I'm sure your partner will have a great time; especially if the weather's okay. I love taking new people to the festival - seeing their wonder reminds me of my first year.

Edited by Ed209

I loved taking mine to his first one, and after 3 with him now he seems like as much of a veteran as me. The one thing that is really hard though, is to stand back and let them discover it for themselves - when you know theres something really cool just round the corner and they just turn and wander off in the opposite direction! He got really pissed off with me going "If you go this way....." and I got really pissed off with him going round in bloody circles!

In the end we went off on our own for a few hours on day 2 so that I could visit the places I wanted to, and he could get lost on his own for a few hours. After that we were fine!

If you cant find something to suit you at Glastonbury then you can't be much of a music fan, in my opinion.

the headliners aint my thing either this year but if rumours are true then BB King, Ray Davis and Echo and the Bunnymen will do for me.

Anyone who complains about the headliners at Glastonbury isn't worth arguing with as they are completely missing the point.

The Waterboys on the Avalon was fantastic , intimate venue ,great atmosphere, wouldn't have worked on the main stages. This is the kind of Glastonbury I want, not standing with the rest of the sheep watching whoever is considered trendy.