you can do better than that glasto

Guest richybear

This is very true actually. The naughties have been a bit pants tbh, i mean our biggest acts arguably The Libertines and Arctic Monkeys, as much as i like them have hardly done anything new. Perhaps this plays Eavis' hand for him somewhat. I would throw a curveball myself tho, the way he did with Jay Z. No genre defining band, wack someone on the pyramid hheadlining spot that Reading or V wouldn't and that is hip and relevant. 2many dj's would be my shout. Sell out everywhere they play.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you would have actually read what i was saying you would see that i pointed out the festival is sold and judged on the headliners. All festivals are, Glasto is no different although people on here would have you believe otherwise.

i can see the thinking behind this post, last year the headliners were very modern. KoL first headlining set at a festival just before they went stratospheric to become the most popular band in Britain, Jay Z, hip got EVERYONE talking about the festival and The Verve who most people in their early 20’s remember as one of the first bands they got into. The festival was a resounding success, won festival of the year, critics and punters alike lauded it as possibly the best glasto of all time and a lot of the reason for this form what I can gather was the mix between glasto veterans and newbies. This year is sold out ultra fast due to the success and the gambles took last year and the way they paid off. Music scenes and buzzes, excitements and genres have ALWAYS sprung out of youthful people, that’s what music is essentially, a youth movement. 50’s, 60’s till now, all the exciting, genre shaping music that lasts is being made and appreciated by teens and people in their twenties. I also believe Glastonbury has taken their foot off the ball bay getting in 2 60 year olds and a band of 40 year olds as headliners. These after all are what get shown on the Beeb and effectively what the festival as a whole is judged on by the media. A band on top of their game and at the summit of their powers, a world superstar in their prime and returning legends seem like a good mix to me. Not 2 men of pensionable age and a half decent 90‘s band.

Gotta add my two penneth worth here,

IMO...

Glastonbury has sold out (of the tickets its allocated SO FAR) due to the new ticket deposit system.

Who's to say if it will sell the remainder if the tickets next weekend?

Last year Jay Z was great for some people, but for me it brought a load of football top, shell suit wearing chavs into the festival who had nothing to do after the hip hop, but steal from tents when they had to much special brew and vodka.

This year and every year there will be the greatest and best up and coming new acts for all to enjoy as well as the best in yester-years entertainment. If you check the full line up im pretty sure there will be stages full of what ever you are looking for.

Personally im not into the headliners this year, have been for the other years ive been, but not so much this year, but i can GUARANTEE that it will still be the highlight of my festival calender cos its a week away from work with my friends and loved ones with nothing on my mind but enjoying myself, good food, good music, good beer, good times.

Just my opinion of course.

im not that fussed about 2 of the headliners but i like the fact that i may end up seen someone and then become a life long fan i hated muse before i saw them at leeds years ago and now i think there one of the best bands going so i cant really grumble just go there with out been negative and you will have a good time regardless, and if you think its that bad just go to leeds and leave glastonbury alone

as mentioned just my opinion, no real need to call it bollocks, it was just an observation made on my time there.

Christ, I love Glastonbury and its deffinately the best part of the year, im just offering my thoughts. If you dont like them, no need to call them bollocks. That would just be like me saying that your opinion is worth f**k all wouldnt it, but hey, I'm not going to drop to that level.

Could it be worth mentioning that the rise in publicity for overseas festivals are a lot to do with the fact that not all tickets were bought?

Last year was fantastic! what a buzz

The new hip glastonbury with the coolest bands for young people.

So this year it sells out fast and then.....................there's a bunch of old people headlining glastonbury :lol:

So come on glasto! wow us with hip hop don't stop banging up to date bands that are now, for the young people :lol:

Sold on the headline acts as released after the end of sales as before 2008 or on the released line-up with sales still going on like last year.?

My point is that this year nobody knew what the headliners were this year and its sold out.

Last year we knew what the Headliners were after the initial sale and it did not sell out till the last day.

Last year was fantastic! what a buzz

The new hip glastonbury with the coolest bands for young people.

So this year it sells out fast and then.....................there's a bunch of old people headlining glastonbury :lol:

So come on glasto! wow us with hip hop don't stop banging up to date bands that are now, for the young people :lol: