Have you really been to them all...

Guest RichardH

This appeared on a different thread recently

Summer Sundaes, I've been to them all, I've enjoyed them all.

The line up for 2009 already looks like it has the potential to be the best one ever.

I'm not even going to ask when the next announcement is, I'm that impressed.

Anyway it got me thinking about something we've been meaning to do for a while and never got round to, which is to produce a a special laminate for those hardy souls who are looking forward to their 9th year.*

It would have no function whatsoever. Wouldn't get you any more access, or free drinks, or anything

but it would

1. Give those people - including my goddaughter who's only 10 - a warm glow

2. Really irritate kaybee who didn't come to the first one because she 'couldn't be arsed' and be a thread that Andy Black can't join in on (double whammy!)

3. Be quite posey (is that how it's spelt?)

Anyway the problem is if we search our box office records we can't find many, but there must surely be a few of you out there. If anyone can think of a good way of how to prove it, we'll do it.

(oh, and it will probably say 'and it is as good as it used to be....)

* working doesn't count Mr Discoboots

*tongue in cheek.

i always thought it too expensive till it became a 3 day festival,

ed got lumbered with his wife insisting on their wedding the very day coldcut played the festival (unlucky).

im going to borrow the works electric car. (kaybee do you want a lift?), then theres a double whammy for green travel and car sharing!

Edited by andyblack

i have been to them all, although i did miss the saturday when lemon jelly played as i had to go to a wedding. i refused to attend a wedding this year but i do wish that ss and haldern pop would not coincide. the irony regarding this year is that i could have gone to the wedding afterall as ss changed dates!

lambchop did it for me also, what another man spills is one of my favourite albums

most memorable moments sfa, spiritualised, cold war kids and f**k buttons

my dream is for the national to play ss

This appeared on a different thread recently

Summer Sundaes, I've been to them all, I've enjoyed them all.

The line up for 2009 already looks like it has the potential to be the best one ever.

I'm not even going to ask when the next announcement is, I'm that impressed.

Anyway it got me thinking about something we've been meaning to do for a while and never got round to, which is to produce a a special laminate for those hardy souls who are looking forward to their 9th year.*

It would have no function whatsoever. Wouldn't get you any more access, or free drinks, or anything

but it would

1. Give those people - including my goddaughter who's only 10 - a warm glow

2. Really irritate kaybee who didn't come to the first one because she 'couldn't be arsed' and be a thread that Andy Black can't join in on (double whammy!)

3. Be quite posey (is that how it's spelt?)

Anyway the problem is if we search our box office records we can't find many, but there must surely be a few of you out there. If anyone can think of a good way of how to prove it, we'll do it.

(oh, and it will probably say 'and it is as good as it used to be....)

* working doesn't count Mr Discoboots

I've made it to all except 2006 - the year of the Elbow - when I was unavoidably detained by the birth of the firstborn son. (He accompanied us in 2007, though - apologies to anyone who had their enjoyment of Martha Wainwright spoiled by his incoherent heckling...)

I also went to that one-day World Music type thing in the '90s. What was that called? And who the hell was on?

Richard are you out there ? I'm returning this thread to the top of the pile , for a little while.

Will you be honouring the 'Kettering3' and any other fine folk who have attended all the Summer Sundaes ? Is further proof required ?