Working as a CAT

Guest halfpint

I have had a long term lend of some money so now going to leeds is a possible. But was thinking of working as a CAT so can get money back after leeds and give back to the person who lent me the money. Has anybody done this? Whats it like? Do you still get to see enough bands etc. Have been to leeds 3 times and love it but really would like a way to pay said ticket price back.

Working as a CAT is a good laugh. You do 3 8 hour shifts spread out across the weekend wed - monday AM. You will do one early [8am-4pm] one late [4pm-midnight] one night [midnight-8am] there is some flexibility in the shifts you work but you choose a set of shifts ie if you choose to be on shift B you will have to work there set early, late and night.

The way the shifts work out you will always get two show day afternoons off so you will get to see two headliners.

I have been working festivals for a long time now and defiantly advise doing it once, if for nothing else then just for the chance to see it all from the other side.

If you have any more detailed questions then PM me and I can answer them. Im one of the shift supervisors at Reading...

• 2 years later...

I have had a long term lend of some money so now going to leeds is a possible. But was thinking of working as a CAT so can get money back after leeds and give back to the person who lent me the money. Has anybody done this? Whats it like? Do you still get to see enough bands etc. Have been to leeds 3 times and love it but really would like a way to pay said ticket price back.