Beni essentials

Guest Alexob

1. shelter, like sheet or canapee to tie up for shade on tent

2. Air bed or foam mat coz ground hard

3. Decent tent pegs (see above)

4. Zip lock bags (for keeping sand out your cam and a million other uses).

5. Small Torch (most of the partying at night, it does come handy!)

6. Ear plugs (enough said).

7. A flag (help find tha tent and show some patrism)

8. string (tieing up canpee and to make washing line).

9. Decent hat (shade your face in the sun).

10. Wire snips for cutting short cut holes in fence.... :P

1) Some sort of padding to sleep on. You won't believe the size of the rocks you have to lay on

2) Water and plenty of it. I found the trek getting into the campsite harder than a flooded Glastonbury and it would be quite easy to dehydrate.

3) Swimming shorts. The waterpark up the road is a life saver throughout the day and a perfect place to sleep off the night before. Look out for the legendary bucket when your there as well, people literally worship it.

4) A ready made beer gut. Beers are served in two pint cups and when you're getting 2 at a time you'll need somewhere to store it.

5) Anti allergy tablets. My mate couldn't walk after being bitten on his ankle by a mosquito until he had some of these.

God I wish I was going this year!

it gets ridiculously hot during the day if you're trying to sleep in a tent so any way of giving yourself shade is a bonus, especially in benicamp (used to be bonet) because those trees give sod all protection really. to be honest if i was going this year i'd probably just take a small tent to throw my stuff in then sleep using a hammock, there's plenty of trees to tie them up to on bonet and i was right jealous of the people that did have this idea!

basically you gotta pack as if you're going on a week long beach holiday in the south of spain, rather than being in the packing mindset that you would be for reading or whatever, it's a completely different way of doing a festival...

and personally i'd recommend checking out the short film festival in the town centre everyday (i think it's from wed-sun) it's only 1 1/2 - 2 hours and starts around 1pm in a air conditioned building so it's the perfect place to escape the worst of the sun, and i found it to be really enjoyable/interesting/refreshing change to the evening antics (or as one of my friends found it's a great place for a quick nap!).

it's easy to find, it's in the town centre, about half way between the two campsites and has a help booth about a minute away from it..

xx

it gets ridiculously hot during the day if you're trying to sleep in a tent so any way of giving yourself shade is a bonus, especially in benicamp (used to be bonet) because those trees give sod all protection really. to be honest if i was going this year i'd probably just take a small tent to throw my stuff in then sleep using a hammock, there's plenty of trees to tie them up to on bonet and i was right jealous of the people that did have this idea!

basically you gotta pack as if you're going on a week long beach holiday in the south of spain, rather than being in the packing mindset that you would be for reading or whatever, it's a completely different way of doing a festival...

and personally i'd recommend checking out the short film festival in the town centre everyday (i think it's from wed-sun) it's only 1 1/2 - 2 hours and starts around 1pm in a air conditioned building so it's the perfect place to escape the worst of the sun, and i found it to be really enjoyable/interesting/refreshing change to the evening antics (or as one of my friends found it's a great place for a quick nap!).

it's easy to find, it's in the town centre, about half way between the two campsites and has a help booth about a minute away from it..

xx

not sure but i think it's somewhere around 10euros the water park? varies depending on if you're going for a day/afternoon stuff like that. worth it though.

in terms of other things, there's also art alongside the beaches every year (scupltures/installations) and there's a fashion show tent in the arena itself that i checked out last year and was very happy because whatever people were doing that catwalk handed out loads of free ice poles!

xx