Veterans of Benicassim camping - is it alright?

Guest Superscally

I'm debating going to Beni this year and am planning on camping. I'm also planning on cycling from London to the fest if any nutters are up for it, but that's another story :rolleyes:

How much of a ballache is the heat and do you have any tips...can you get enough sleep?? I drink loads at festies generally and lack of sleep and hangovers could be crippling in that heat! If camping is an arse I may not bother this year...fill me in?

Fanks.

I'm debating going to Beni this year and am planning on camping. I'm also planning on cycling from London to the fest if any nutters are up for it, but that's another story :rolleyes:

How much of a ballache is the heat and do you have any tips...can you get enough sleep?? I drink loads at festies generally and lack of sleep and hangovers could be crippling in that heat! If camping is an arse I may not bother this year...fill me in?

Fanks.

Edited by st00ka

Camping does get pretty grim. The whole showering aspect is hunky dory but you just can't get any sleep. If you're up until 8am then try to go for a kip the sun is already nearly coming up and before too long you'll be swimming in a pool of sweat! Mmmmm...

It's a good laugh etc in the camp site but it does take it out you.

Even trying to sleep at the beach is a mission. I swear I got burnt in the shade last year :(

Ive been to Beni twice and the camping never bothered me. Sleeping in the morning when the suns out is difficult... Id really advise getting some sort of shading to hang over ur tents. The trees provide shade but sometimes not enough (im talking about Benicamp bytheway). SLeeping on a hammock or on a lilo/mat is much more comfortable. ANd wearing an eyemask really helps keep the sunlight out and let u sleep for longer!

I thought there'd be mosquitos the first time id gone so i took loads of sprays and creams but there werent any at all! Not one bite.

Hope that helps

Yeah, a sleeping bag will be a complete waste of time... a thin sheet maximum, but even that will probs be too much... i just used mine to cover my lilo last time to stop it getting sticky :lol:

When I came back FIB last time I swore I'd never go back if I was camping, but f**k it, I'm going back and camping, so I know nothing ;)

Can someone just confirm with me the camps cause getting conflicting info. The map from 08 on the official website shows CampFIB right next to the festival and Benicamp at the other end of town. What about Bonet? Or is that the one that's been renamed? And if I get there on Monday pm, which one will we be sent to? And, most importantly, which one's best?!!

Yeah, a sleeping bag will be a complete waste of time... a thin sheet maximum, but even that will probs be too much... i just used mine to cover my lilo last time to stop it getting sticky :lol:

When I came back FIB last time I swore I'd never go back if I was camping, but f**k it, I'm going back and camping, so I know nothing ;)

There is no need to take a sleeping bag, I took one but never used it.

Bonet is Benicamp I believe and is about a 10 15 minute walk from the festival area, but there is a shuttle bus thats goes up and down every 15 mins if you are to tired to walk. I cant wait to go again this year.

Het, heat, heat and heat...

My boyfriend has been a lot of times to Benni and he says that it´s almost impossible to sleep at the campingsite or at the beach... A good option is to rent an apartment (cheap in case there´s a lot of you going to the festival).

Edited by msnikita

:lol: You simply must camp it! It not for the faint hearted no (but neither is tha bike ride your on about!) Yeah as others have advised, you only want a thin sheet and maybe take 1 jumper encase you have cold night (it will only get chilly tho)... Deffo take 2nd sheet/canapee to tie up over your tent, it a life saver! Try to get on bonnet camp if you want the most shade...... Be clean with your rubbish, the flies are a fcking nightmare, if you leave stuff around everywhere you wont be able to leave you tent door open in fear of int and fly invation. Your talking 4-5 per day max really, but it aint too bad, you get used too it and the nights so much fun you wont have time to be tired! lol