Stag & Dagger

Guest Paul ™

After the astounding success of STAG AND DAGGER 2008, the festival is returning for 2009 and promises to be bigger and better than anything... ever!

Adventures in the Beetroot Field and Margaret London, in association with VICE Magazine, are excited to announce that STAG & DAGGER, the first one-ticket-gives-access-to-all music event launched across London's East End is back, with a bigger line up, more bands and DJs, more venues and two additional national dates, this time taking the festival on the road to LEEDS and GLASGOW.

Following an all-out successful first year which attracted over 4,500 music fans to East London's best live music and club venues for one night of new music, DJs and partying, which featured over 120 acts including Diplo, Archie Bronson Outfit, Hot Chip, Ladyhawke, Duke Spirit, Jay Reatard, Operator Please, Ed Banger, A Trak, The Metros and Filthy Dukes, the 2009 Festival takes place across three UK cities in May:

London on Thursday May 21st

Leeds on Friday May 22nd

Glasgow on Saturday 23rd

Glasgow venues include Stereo, ABC, The Art School, Captain’s Rest, The Admiral, Nice ‘n’ Sleazy, and Classic Grand LINE UP

(NB - SOME ACTS ARE PLAYING LONDON/LEEDS ONLY. CHECK STAGANDDAGGER.COM FOR INFORMATION ON LINE-UP IN YOUR CITY):

COLD WAR KIDS, THE MAE SHI, CURSIVE, TWILIGHT SAD, ABE VIGODA, ANDREW WEATHERALL, MAPS, JAMES YUILL, RUSKO, N-TYPE, WILD BEASTS, FILTHY DUKES, , DAN BLACK, PHANTOM BAND, MICACHU AND THE SHAPES, VIVIAN GIRLS, MARINA & THE DIAMONDS, TELEPATHE, DUCHESS SAYS, THE JOY FORMIDABLE, DANANANANAYKROYD. MAGISTRATES (DJ SET), SOY UN CABALLO, HIGH RANKIN, N-TYPE, TOMB CREW, DJ SLUGZ, ED-DL, MOODIE, MAXMILLION, WE HAVE BAND, YOUR TWENTIES, PLUGS, TRAILER TRASH TRACYS, EX LOVERS, LET'S WRESTLE, TUBELORD, THE VIRGIN PASSAGES, MALE BONDING, ARCH M, YOUNG TURKS, YOUNG & LOST, PURE GROOVE, CASPER C, GIRLCORE, DE DE MOUSE, 80 KIDZ, RIDDIM SAUNTER, TUCKER, ME MY HEAD, THE SPOLKESTRA, AGASKODO TELIVEREK, ARTHUR DELANEY, ME MY HEAD, UNGDOMSKULEN, TROUBLE RECORDS Tickets can be bought from Seetickets.com, WeGotTickets.com and Gigantic.com, Ticketweb, and Tickets Scotland.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id say it'll depend on the venues - im 21 and still get IDed at Sleazies, where as at Captains Rest I would say it'll be no problem getting in. I'd say ABC and the Art School might be tricky, but Stereo and The Admiral should be OK.

Depends on where the bands are you want to see! Tickets are only £10 at the moment so take your chance with it

x x

Only been into Stereo once and it was rammed even just for a small band.

Feck knows what it will be like for The Aliens? I missed the Classic Grand one (not interested in knowing how good it was , thank-you, la-la-la not listening) and gave our briefs to friends who said it was hoaching.

So, huge queue and a bottle-in-a-bag till doors open?