Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

12 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Was absolutely gutted to find that The Lamb Joint was no where to be seen last year. They did the best lamb rolls I have ever tasted. Unless it is there and I've completely missed it.

Nope, not there (I actually asked at Traders Information). Very sad, as their slow-cooked lamb was superb, and they did very good bacon and egg rolls for breakfast too. 

3 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

.. and for the non-veggie/vegans in your party, directly across from the Peckish Peacock.... (I just liked the name).

IMG_0043.JPG

I'm sure I had some kebab wrap thing from there last year, I thought it was okay (although more filler than meat) but fella wasn't really impressed

17 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Nope, not there (I actually asked at Traders Information). Very sad, as their slow-cooked lamb was superb, and they did very good bacon and egg rolls for breakfast too. 

Such a shame, was one of my favourite places to go for dinner. We will have to hope and pray that they are back this year! 

13 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Never understood the Growler appeal. Haven't tried one nor do I have any intention of it. 

Love Annies mac'n'cheese but was disappointed last year cos they'd run out of basil oil and bacon bits. 

Spent 3 days looking for the raclette place. Worth the search. Nom fucking nom. 

Fish Finger sandwich was a surprise find on the Sunday. A happy way to end the festival. 

Have had some amazing authentic Jamaican Jerk chicken and patties. 

Had some veggie curry from a stall in Avalon. Total meh but was starving. Wont be repeating. 

Need to try the Haloummi cone. Thats my mission this year. Love a bit of squeeky cheese. 

And the roast dinner in the Deluxe diner was just awful. I seriously recommend avoiding it like the plague. Cos I dont want it to get booked out. I nearly wept with joy it was so good. 

The mac n cheese was the one thing that disappointed me foodwise last year. I thought the cheese sauce was too thin but perhaps it was a bad batch?  Where is the deluxe diner? ;)

On 3/20/2009 at 7:38 PM, mikeb said:

Your wish is my command and all that !

Not my piccy ... or my Growler(s) unfortunately :unsure: ... but here, for your culinary appreciation and salivation, my I present:

The Growler in all it's glory

the%20growler.jpg Mmmmmmmmmm, Growler homer%20drool.jpg

Pretty d@mn fine cups of tea also ;)

Oooooo, I can feel my arteries clogging just from looking at this masterpiece of the finest Glasto cuisine available, filled to the brim with all that cholesterol goodbad-ness and lots of other well naughty stuff :P

I need this is my life

2 hours ago, buddiepaul said:

curried goat (far) and rice and peas (near) from Yam the Cassava.  It was superb, with real plates and cutlery, and would be heading there this year, but there was a thread after last years festival indicating they were retiring after last year.

Me mam has the full set of those plates with the brown trim! Had them since before I was born.

Borrowing this pic from the Bean Kitchen Blog post that someone mentioned a few pages back. Must say this is my favorite on site. Create your own veggie burgers with interesting toppings and sauces. On the path from Other Stage to Pyramid / John Peel, an area that is often considered not the best place to for getting food. Fantastic stuff though.

img_6135.jpg

2 hours ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

I'm sure my mum had these and I genuinely think these plates were sold somewhere you had to collect tokens to get the whole dinner set!

Yes! She's definitely said something along those lines.

1 hour ago, Time Being said:

Borrowing this pic from the Bean Kitchen Blog post that someone mentioned a few pages back. Must say this is my favorite on site. Create your own veggie burgers with interesting toppings and sauces. On the path from Other Stage to Pyramid / John Peel, an area that is often considered not the best place to for getting food. Fantastic stuff though.

I've never seen that place! I don't think I've really walked up that path a lot, looks great, I'll have to keep an eye out this year!

has anyone got any great breakfast suggestions? last year I didn't really venture from the classic cooked breakfast meats in various combinations

my highlight was putting brown sauce on a hog roast and calling it breakfast, which while nice wasn't in line with the rest of the great Glastonbury food experience, I feel I really need to up my breakfast game

34 minutes ago, sloseph said:

has anyone got any great breakfast suggestions? last year I didn't really venture from the classic cooked breakfast meats in various combinations

my highlight was putting brown sauce on a hog roast and calling it breakfast, which while nice wasn't in line with the rest of the great Glastonbury food experience, I feel I really need to up my breakfast game

Yeo Valley yoghurts with granola for a quid a tub. Bit of fruit across the way, pint of milk, a nice coffee.

And then a big shit in the longsies. 

4 minutes ago, Wow-wys-buzzing said:

The SmOke house's 'Manwich' was incredible I have to say:  Pork sausages, topped with pulled pork, topped with coleslaw, topped with 2 types of crackling with sweet potato chips :wub: 

Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 14.56.42.png

I have to agree. Although I'm sure it set me back about £8-9.

1 hour ago, sloseph said:

Goan fish curry place does a kedgeree in the mornings which is pretty nice if you get there before 12pm. Looking forward to scouting out the stalls on Wednesday/Thursday though!