Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

Just made it to the end of this beast! Feels like a great personal achievement and saw awesome recommendations for next year. I really fancy Strumpets with Crumpets.

I tried a fair few new places for me this year so it was a win on this front:

No Bones Jones - finally! And oh my god how good. We weren't sure if we were just stoned because we couldn't stop talking about it but judging by this thread perhaps justified.

Thali Palace (I think) in Green Fields - great plate of yummy veggie curry stuff

Bangra Bus - see above

Garlic mushrooms on toast from a place near John Peel - a phenomenal breakfast

And a shout out to some old favourites:

Japanese tempura noodles from West Holts - a tradition with a pint of Brothers. Greasy as hell but I love them.

Olis Halloumi Cones near Pyramid - enough said.

Leon in West Holts - didn't make it there this year but for a big plate of veggie deliciousness it's mecca

A stall near Goan Curry for its jacket potato and coleslaw - simple but great - and a perfectly pitched egg baguette the next day

Tea and Toast - didn't make it this year but great cheap brekkie

The breakfast club - all the way out by ped gate A and a bit pricey but by god I loved it in 2014

Awesome cornish ice cream near pyramid

Wonderful lemonade on junction of West Holts and green fields

Must have forgotten some - a great year for food for me.

• 1 month later...

for some reason this year, I was a bit rubbish with the food. Didn't make the most of it. Think I got there and relied on too many old favourites. Hippy Chippy, Goan Fish, Grand Bouffe etc. Need to get out of my rut for next year and be a bit more adventurous. Or more of a fat knacker. One of the two, certainly.

one of my best food decisions of Glastonbury 2015 was getting a hog roast for breakfast from somewhere near the Other stage on Sunday morning

I chucked a load of brown sauce on that bad boy and tucked in, I tell you I've never cured a hangover so quickly

I will be doing that again

I'm definitely the latter. Most of my moola at glastonbury goes on scran.

I thought that was just me. The running joke is how much food I manage to get through every year.  If I had a fiver left and a choice between cider or Le Rac Shack, it wouldn't even be a question.

Don't get me wrong i thought it was ok. But my expectations had been elevated due to people on here. And i just thought, 'that was ok.' whereas I want my glasto food to make my taste buds orgasm.

I thought it was dry and a bit tasteless. Far, far inferior to their fish curry. Bit worth eating to be honest. I eat infrequently enough at that festival. Every meal needs to count.

for some reason this year, I was a bit rubbish with the food. Didn't make the most of it. Think I got there and relied on too many old favourites. Hippy Chippy, Goan Fish, Grand Bouffe etc. Need to get out of my rut for next year and be a bit more adventurous. Or more of a fat knacker. One of the two, certainly.

Yeah mine was all a bit meh this year, 2 of my favorites gone didn't help (Pieminster and Grillstock!) but since they split up the decent stalls a bit more, its just felt like a massive trek and then anywhere half decent seemed to have a ridiculous queue.

Did anyone go to the crab and lobster place near WH?

I kept meaning to and never got around to it. It is on my to do list in 2016. I have heard good things.

i was planning on going but totally forgot what area it was in! gonna have to remember that it's in the WH area because i'm determined to go next year. wish there was some kind of superlist of all the food venues and their areas - i tend to just eat at where i stumble upon rather than seeking out individual places, which is good, but i miss out on stuff like this

If you're bigging up the mediocre kedgeree and dissing the amazing tartiflette you need your taste buds testing old boy.

And penguins right about the chorizo breakfast that's next door so you could do amazing breakfast immediately followed by cock-on lunch!

Dissing the price not the food. I did finally get around to trying a tartiflette sausage around midday on the Monday a few years ago. Had it in a baguette as a hot dog and think I paid about £2 for it. Probably mentioned elsewhere on this thread that I had to admit it's probably the best sausage I've ever tasted.

That may have had to do with the time of day though. The number of times I've gone back on site on the Monday after having packed up and lugged everything back to the car, then realising I'm starving  'cause I've skipped breakfast and there's hardly anything left open. I've had quite a few "this is bloody delicious" moments on the Monday.

Never heard the expression "cock-on lunch" before. Doesn't exactly bring up an appetising image.

That may have had to do with the time of day though. The number of times I've gone back on site on the Monday after having packed up and lugged everything back to the car, then realising I'm starving  'cause I've skipped breakfast and there's hardly anything left open. I've had quite a few "this is bloody delicious" moments on the Monday.

Indeed.  In 2010 ( I think), I'd done the perfect amount of daytime drinking for an afternoon Growler to be a sublime experience hitting spots of satisfaction that can rarely be achieved.  I had one for lunch without much drinking in 2014 and it tasted like a part baked baguette containing shit chips with cheap cheese, undercooked bacon and disgusting sauces.  You know, a Growler.

Context is everything!

• 4 months later...

Bumping this up as want to see food pictures lol

Must admit I'm terrible at just not eating enough so my culinary experiences at Glastonbury are limited but here's a few pics

Manic Organic curry's are lovely and seem to be a Thursday night tradition

Well done cheese toastie from the Park but I like them done this well

Chilli vat was to the right of Other stage near the Glade side, not bad portion and was tasty

Other places I've eaten which were nice:

• Bhudda cafe in the greenfields
  • Pie place in the Park was saving grace for me
  • had kebab meat n chips from somewhere opposite Cornish arms, which was actually okay

wasn't impressed by roaming rotisserie near williams green though

IMG_8739.JPG

IMG_9116.JPG

IMG_8867.JPG

Glastonbury 2015 023.JPG