mike99

Glastonbury food with pictures

They did a 16 hour slow smoked brisket which *unsurprisingly* sold out by 3pm each day.

I managed to nab one on Sunday! Pretty good.

Not sure how you upload photos, but did anyone else try the Lobster between Williams Green and West Holts? I didn't think £12 was too bad for what it was... was a big plate full and hands down the best meal I have ever had at Worthy Farm. Had lots of funny comments from passers by as I was eating it haha.

Not sure how you upload photos, but did anyone else try the Lobster between Williams Green and West Holts? I didn't think £12 was too bad for what it was... was a big plate full and hands down the best meal I have ever had at Worthy Farm. Had lots of funny comments from passers by as I was eating it haha.

No but I had the crab and it was great

The Barnaby Sykes Pies, between WG and Pyramid, that's the ticket

They've got a lot of my money, but I've got a lot of their pies absolutely spot on if you ask me

They did a 16 hour slow smoked brisket which *unsurprisingly* sold out by 3pm each day.

JkSZT4Q.jpg

Yep had one of those! Amazing! Although the pulled pork was my favourite, had that 3 times. They could do with improving their packaging though, ended up being quite messy with just the bit of paper to hold it in.

The guy serving said they have a few shops dotted around the country, so will have to hunt them down.

I made a glorious return to Yam the Cassava...three times. Alas I have no photos nor many other places to review.

I had meant to go there all weekend, finally made it for lunch on Sunday, and then for Dinner. Wow, I wish I had gone Wed, Thurs, Friday and Saturday!

I found the food generally more disappointing this year and noticed a few old faves had disappeared. 

Also - my parents glamped at Yurtel and I went there to collect a few boxes of cider from there car one time, both the mezze platter and chips they do are phenomenal. I mean it's off site and costs a kidney, but fuck it was good

Seemed to always end up in the wrong areas if the site when I needed food this year (mostly to the west of pyramid and other) so didn't really have much good food this time. Special mention for the beat hotel who's pulled pork was massively disappointing after queuing for ages.

The Good:

Lobster Shack

Piggie Smalls

Wham Bam Tikka

Square Pie

Gormet Burger

The Bad:

The 24 hour breakfast place in the Dairy camping field

Dirty Burger at Arcadia

Did anyone have any of that Jamaican Jerk Chicken? Oh my god it was a piss take. Soooo damn good.

Yes!

And yes it was.

Did anyone have any of that Jamaican Jerk Chicken? Oh my god it was a piss take. Soooo damn good.

Came here to put this, unbelievable. Not just the best meal I've had at worthy farm but one of the best meals I've had in my life. Learning how to cook it now.

Good:-

Mac n Cheese with crispy onions and bacon in strummerville

Oggie (as always)

The Parnipships tasting plate

The Bake off Guys pizza place in Williams Green

Fish finger sandwich in circus field (I needed stodge, this was good stodge)

Jerk Chicken next to Babylon Uprising - fantastic!

Also, the "unconventional" fish and chips near Leftfield is the first place I've found in 15 Glastonburys that hadn't undercooked their chips!

The handmade choccies in the farmers market

Not so good:-

Chose poorly for a hog roast option

An average burger from one of the *local organic* places (shame as they can be excellent).

Also was hoping the Blue Moon Cafe would return this year but still no sign (their Ragin Cajin fries were great!)

A full plate of sautéed garlic potatoes for £3 on the path up to the Stone Circle from the railway line. Best thing I had all weekend.

+1 for Piggie Smalls
Twisted Burger Company was also superb as was Notso Katsu near The Glade. 

A full plate of sautéed garlic potatoes for £3 on the path up to the Stone Circle from the railway line. Best thing I had all weekend.

I had this. When seriously hungover. It was a bad idea. Way too strong.

I'm sure I would have loved it another time though and it wasn't too badly priced. Felt like they could have knocked 50p or something off for me for not having cheese though...

I had the Jerk pork, soooooo good :)

Anyone manage to get a £2 oggie on the sunday!

Went before Future Islands on the other stage - must of had way to many left.

Not this year but last year we got a load between us on the Friday when they were selling them off cheap (pretty sure it was a quid) late on. It always makes me laugh now when I see people on here saying how filling they are and how they'll keep you going all day as our mate ate 3 in one hit, and that was after he'd already had a meal earlier on too!

How do people put photos up,got some of food, someone said it has to come from a page like Facebook, but I uploaded my profile picture much easier some how,got a few food pics on my phone

No photos and terrible at remembering names, but I'll give honourable mentions to:

The curry goat from the jerk stand opposite Bread & Roses.

The classic raclette from Le Rac Shack

Thali from Gandhi's Flip Flop

Paneer curry from the Bhangra Bus

The falafel with houmous from the stand on the left hand side of the Other Stage (can never remember what it's called but go there every year)

Churros from the stand near the Park, although that may have been because I had the mega munchies at the time!! :lol:

Finally made it to the Goan after all these years. Excellent, and well worth the wait! I love fish curries, and I'm from Bradford - so I know my stuff!

The bbq pulled pork roll from Beat Hotel was also excellent, as was the jerk chicken from Williams Green.

Biggest disappointment was Paella from Paellarella in williams Green. Pure stodge and threw half away. Shame because I had a great Paella somewhere in 2011.