Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

In the Greenfields is this great place with a stone oven that make your pizzas to order - Proper stoneground thin base not that c**p you get down near the pyramid and queens head stages they cheekily call pizza but is in fact all a great big think lump of bread barely dusted with cheese! The place I am talking about you place your order and they write your name on it then call you when it is ready, be prepared for a bit of a wait but so worth it.

Yes that place was really good but there was another simpler pizza place last year (dunno if it was there previously) right at the top of the Green Fields; just before you enter Kings Meadow on the left hand side.

This place had a traditional wood fired clay oven, with the mud dug from the surrounding area.

There was no tent and you had to wait for a while but it was well worth it as for £5 you got a lovely large pizza with a choice of fresh and tasty toppings with the finished served piping hot straight from the oven. It only took a couple of mins to cook a pizza so it was a pretty hot/efficient oven.

I curse that I didn't take any photos of the place but I did have a couple of pizzas from there for tea on seperate occasions. The people who ran it were really nice and chatty and they even gave me a link to a website which showed you how to make your own clay oven (which I have mislaid :P bah !)

If you come across it give it a try - I thought it was yummy and excellent value for money ! :P

I will definately check it out in June - fingers crossed it will be there !

Edited by DaveMac

• 2 weeks later...
The pies are excellent. I sampled three different stalls.

:P

Yep, been to those in your previous post, plus Pieminister and the squarepie co.....Pieminister wins hands down, but the others all have their good points (pure pie is easy to eat in your hand, plus they have nice chips)...I have to make a concious effort to eat anything other than pie at a festie!

One of you wiseeee Glasto veterans should make a food map!

i.e., find a map of Glasto, and mark on it the best places to buy food. Last year was my first year, and I didn't travel around much of fear of getting lost, so was stuck with the same Chinese food all week!

And looking at the prices on all this stuff has really hit me rather - I've been a uni student since September and living off pennies a day. Corrrr blimey, this will be expensive!

Edited by lolbeck

One of you wiseeee Glasto veterans should make a food map!

i.e., find a map of Glasto, and mark on it the best places to buy food. Last year was my first year, and I didn't travel around much of fear of getting lost, so was stuck with the same Chinese food all week!

And looking at the prices on all this stuff has really hit me rather - I've been a uni student since September and living off pennies a day. Corrrr blimey, this will be expensive!

GlastoEarth has practically everything on it, get yourself google earth if you haven't already and away you go...a marvellous achievement (put together by a regular poster here I believe....I'm gonna say paulo999??)....it also has Tort's legendary FAQ on the website, a truly excellent read full of exceptionally useful information (including pictures of the camping fields on thursday afternoon to help you chose where you might like to pitch!)...

Edit: Oh, and as for prices, it's quite possible to get by food-wise in glasto for very little each day...choose things that will fill you up, for example, even at the pieminister stall you can just get the mash with gravy for a couple of quid and it's pretty filling...the hare krishnas also give out free food if you are completely stuck!

Edited by Toilet Duck

GlastoEarth has practically everything on it, get yourself google earth if you haven't already and away you go...a marvellous achievement (put together by a regular poster here I believe....I'm gonna say paulo999??)....it also has Tort's legendary FAQ on the website, a truly excellent read full of exceptionally useful information (including pictures of the camping fields on thursday afternoon to help you chose where you might like to pitch!)...

Edit: Oh, and as for prices, it's quite possible to get by food-wise in glasto for very little each day...choose things that will fill you up, for example, even at the pieminister stall you can just get the mash with gravy for a couple of quid and it's pretty filling...the hare krishnas also give out free food if you are completely stuck!

Amazinggg, thanks!

Of course. I think last year I coped with just breakfast and dinner, but I imagine my parents will do what they did last year and fork over £100 for me to blow xD

Amazinggg, thanks!

Of course. I think last year I coped with just breakfast and dinner, but I imagine my parents will do what they did last year and fork over £100 for me to blow xD

What kind parents. Your 18 and your parents still pay for your food at Glastonbury. Well done

Edited by mike99

Amazinggg, thanks!

Whats xD?

04arnolds.jpg

This is one of my favourites - Arnold's Alfresco - home of some delicious good quality local burgers with names like "The Glastonbury Garlic Guzzler" and "The Pilton Porker"... loooovely

Minxie moo, that's my picture! Unless you sat right next to me and took a pic of my hubbie and friend queuing up! That would be weird.

That was breakfast pilton porkers too, with pints of cider to wash them down with :P

What's actually in the Garlic Guzzler?

Anyway, I'll probably take 100 for food over the 5 days. I'll probably end up spending more because I tend to eat a bit too much at festivals.

It's just a burger with Garlic Mayo on it. I queued up for ages and ages to get one in 2008 and was rather disappointed. Not sure quite what I was expecting mind.

I have to stop coming on this thread right after lunch, it makes me want to eat more looking at all the lovely snap in the photographs :P

Ahh, that's what it was - We we're heading upto the Stone Circle on Sunday night last year when the fire & benches outside here beckoned to us to come, get a drink, sit & rest a while. The thunder & lightning was starting to close in, then the heavens opened and everyone dived inside. It was heaving.

I had no idea what the place was, was pretty sure I hadn't even seen it before in passing, but the food smelled good!

Thanks for posting the picture :P

The Thali Cafe has three permanent outlets in Bristol and their veggie Thalis are absolutely beautiful. Shame that what they offer at festivals is a slightly scaled down version of the real thing, but then I guess providing a thali plate with five different types of curry on would be a bit ambitious at a festival!

Other favourties of mine are:

The Carribean place between The Other and Pyramid Stages, parallel to the Dance Village

No Bones Jones

The Navajo Native American cuisine stall

Moon Burgers

The Indian food place near the Jazz World - incredibly good value - gave me three curries on a plate, with rice and Bombay Potatoes last year for about a fiver. They also sell a very cheap veggie burger and chips with salad if you're struggling for money.

Pieminister - Heidi Pie mmmmm.