Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

Due to the rain and cold weather last year, I frequented the cafe/cake/hot dessert tent by the Acoustic Stage quite a lot.  Once I found the hot pudding with custard - I was in.  The crumble was particularly good, as was the ginger sponge.  

IMG_0891.JPG

Edited by buddiepaul

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

No worries, I'll step up and take the hit for the stoopid team.

In our defence it's only a matter of time before some twat on a penny farthing comes up with that as an idea. And @Mardy is a known hipster so it's entirely possible he'd eat there :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if penny-farthing-riding-Georgian-food-eating-hipsters are hanging out in a really unnecessary coffee bar in Camden right now, discussing their next meal extravaganza.

8 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Can anyone reccomend a decent Fried Chicken place for me to try this year?

retweet.

unfortunately I think most fried chicken is standard stuff from what I have seen.

If you are a fan of wings, Burger Theory (if they are there) do some very good buffalo wings

8 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Can anyone reccomend a decent Fried Chicken place for me to try this year?

I can't remember what's it's called. But there was a chicken place in silver Hayes, between sonic and wow. It was set back next to the new path out of Silver Hayes. 

It took about 20 minutes to get served but seriously they did the best chicken fillet burger I've ever had. 

I still think about it sometimes now.

19 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Wx9l0.gif

That's you, that is :)

So I treated myself to an m&s lunch today because I'm lazy. Got back to my desk, signed into efests to catch up. Laughed at your post, then looked down at what I just purchased and realised that you are psychic.

cheese and salad.jpg

I’m not sure if it has been mentioned but by the Pyramid stage (don’t be put off!) they do the roast in a Yorkshire pudding – with decent crackling, mash, sausages, pork, stuffing etc. It’s seriously good, but like everything they keep putting the price up. That and a fresh smoothie from somewhere in Silver Hayes (if it’s still there) helps get over a heavy night!

993604_128225770721741_79301841_n.jpg

Yeah, they keep putting the prices up :( Sad fact of life.

I'm not big on veg. Meat and potatoes man me. I long for the days of being able to get a burger in a bun and some chips for about a fiver. Maybe some onions if I'm feeling adventurous.

Now, it's stick anything more than a slice of lettuce and tomato in a burger and suddenly it's "gourmet" and is now eight quid! Don't want the fillings? That's still eight quid, Sir.

I spent ages last year looking for somewhere I could get an unpretentious burger at an unpretentious price. Easier now to do that kind of eating via hog roast stalls. I think I found a couple of them doing the meal and tea for a fiver thing.

My go to last year was the much mentioned jerk chicken, rice and bean from the place just down from Williams Green. Bloody lovely. I think that was eight quid a pop.

How long until an average main course is a tenner?

7 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Yeah, they keep putting the prices up :( Sad fact of life.

I'm not big on veg. Meat and potatoes man me. I long for the days of being able to get a burger in a bun and some chips for about a fiver. Maybe some onions if I'm feeling adventurous.

Now, it's stick anything more than a slice of lettuce and tomato in a burger and suddenly it's "gourmet" and is now eight quid! Don't want the fillings? That's still eight quid, Sir.

I spent ages last year looking for somewhere I could get an unpretentious burger at an unpretentious price. Easier now to do that kind of eating via hog roast stalls. I think I found a couple of them doing the meal and tea for a fiver thing.

My go to last year was the much mentioned jerk chicken, rice and bean from the place just down from Williams Green. Bloody lovely. I think that was eight quid a pop.

How long until an average main course is a tenner?

The festival does try to promote meals for a fiver to the traders, I guess its a lack of uptake on their part - i think last year or the year before there was a map of the traders who did food for a fiver.

Gilcombe Farm does a Hog Roast for £5 & breakfast deal for £5.

£4.50 plain burger, £5 cheese burger, £5.50 cheese and bacon burger, £8 Hogfather - all of that + stuffing + hogroast

no idea why I know the prices...didn't work for them for the whole of last summer or anything...

8 minutes ago, Ducky89 said:

The festival does try to promote meals for a fiver to the traders, I guess its a lack of uptake on their part - i think last year or the year before there was a map of the traders who did food for a fiver.

Gilcombe Farm does a Hog Roast for £5 & breakfast deal for £5.

£4.50 plain burger, £5 cheese burger, £5.50 cheese and bacon burger, £8 Hogfather - all of that + stuffing + hogroast

no idea why I know the prices...didn't work for them for the whole of last summer or anything...

I think I may have eaten there quite a bit. Sounds familiar.

Gonna look for that map this year I think.

Haven't got a picture, as i unfortunately missed 2016, but by the Pyramid, as you approach from the right, called the 'South Wales Rugby Club' or something, and they do the nicest NICEST Venison nachos. So nice, they're probably the best Nachos I've ever tried. 

14 hours ago, Tuna said:

Haven't ever eaten in Green Fields -  just a proper brew in a proper mug. Anyone got any tips? 

Henry's Beard do great breakfasts in a nice cosy tent with seating, there's usually live music too, the chai shop also does a nice breakfast and the cake in the WI is incredible. 
Charm x