Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

• 2 months later...
On 11/6/2016 at 8:39 PM, shoptildrop said:

I just freeze all my water bottles, Capri suns and smoothies we take and pack all the booze in with the in a few cooler bags.

heavy as when we arrive but least keeps booze cold for a few days, suppose you use a bottle or too to keep beers cold during day too

I've got ice from the bars if ask nicely (did buy beer too mind)

This and we wrap a foil space blanket thingy around our cool box of frozen water bottles/beers etc. Stays cool all weekend.

On 06/11/2016 at 8:39 PM, shoptildrop said:

I just freeze all my water bottles, Capri suns and smoothies we take and pack all the booze in with the in a few cooler bags.

heavy as when we arrive but least keeps booze cold for a few days, suppose you use a bottle or too to keep beers cold during day too

I've got ice from the bars if ask nicely (did buy beer too mind)

I had a polystyrene fridge and freezer. Talk of the local campsites it was. Brother works in a lab, sorted me some dry ice. Kept that in the one box, used another one as a 'fridge'. Had those gel packs which freeze then slowly melt in there, when they'd totally melted, back in the freezer for half hour - solid again. Took those ice cube bags too so I could fill then with water then whack that in the dry ice too.

I cannot tell you how incredible it was having ice to put in my bourbon on the Sunday, plus cold ciders. I am 1000000% doing it again. Much to the delight of my mates I'm going with.

On 1/18/2017 at 9:14 PM, Stokesy10 said:

I cannot tell you how incredible it was having ice to put in my bourbon on the Sunday, plus cold ciders. I am 1000000% doing it again. Much to the delight of my mates I'm going with.

I can live with the cider.  The idea of having ice to put in my rum & ginger at any point, never mind the Sunday, is making me feel all giddy.

3 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Anyone noticed a place that does porridge? It's the constant run of bacon rolls in the mornings that kills me. A nice bowl of porridge would go down well.

There is a porridge place past Silver Hayes towards rivermead camping....always busy....but a long way to go unless your camping over there 

I don't understand how or why instant porridge exists. Not only are you getting ripped off, it's bad for the environment with all the unnecessary packaging. If you add hot water to normal oats you basically get the same affect.

I just bring my own oats and have them with cold water and fruit at festivals.

29 minutes ago, Chawk said:

I don't understand how or why instant porridge exists. Not only are you getting ripped off, it's bad for the environment with all the unnecessary packaging. If you add hot water to normal oats you basically get the same affect.

I just bring my own oats and have them with cold water and fruit at festivals.

Same reason people buy boil in the bag rice, Pot Noodles and microwaveable curries I suppose, convenience. 

Can I just say, cold porridge does not sound appealing in the slightest. 

Where do you camp?

I usually get some fruit and yoghurt from the stall at the top of The Park and chug a couple of pints of milk from the van.  The fruit's not cheap though and is really just a token gesture towards something healthy before I'm the first customer at whatever bar I'm near come 11am.

Lack of decent non breakfast breakfast options is a bugbear.  Can't be doing with doughy 1 rasher bacon rolls for £4 or lukewarm attempts at a "Full English."  Would rather get a plate of curry or something, but almost everywhere switches to breakfast in the early hours.

I'm usually a 3-4 course brekkie guy. Yeo Valley yoghurt for £1, maybe a bit of fruit, a coffee, a pint of milk, and then maybe a crepe or something with a bit of pastry and chocolate. 45 minute to 1 hour routine. I love Glasto mornings.

Followed by a shit and a shower. 

Starting off with a load of low quality fried food isn't good. 

Breakfast is always the one I struggle with a bit. A spinach & mushroom crepe can be a worthwhile option, but it's a little bit...meh.  Will be on the prowl for better options this year.

With Nal - low quality fry ups not for me.  Damned if I can remember where, but I did find a banging veggie breakfast last year.  None of your pretend sausages or bacon, this was avocado, eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms and toast.  Lovely stuff. 

Edited by Quark