Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

So I read this entire thread a couple of weeks ago but forgot to comment. Places I need to visit/food I need to eat at Glasto this year:

Le Grande Bouffe 

Strumpets with Crumpets 

Goan Fish Curry

Growler (Possibly)

Malinkeys

Annie Mae's Mac & Cheese

Somewhere that does amazing ice cream - suggestions?

Edited by coughedoutmyheart

This thread has brought back some memories, I'm starving now.

Got to mention

The Crayfish place next to Williams Green. 

Goan fish curry at WH

We had an ace kebab heading through the market towards The Park area on the Wednesday night.

Really enjoyed the Sunday roast up at the Deluxe diner. Even if we had to be there at 1pm although wooden knife and forks made it a task lol

1 hour ago, coughedoutmyheart said:

So I read this entire thread a couple of weeks ago but forgot to comment. Places I need to visit/food I need to eat at Glasto this year:

Le Grande Bouffe 

Strumpets with Crumpets 

Goan Fish Curry

Growler (Possibly)

Malinkeys

Annie Mae's Mac & Cheese

Somewhere that does amazing ice cream - suggestions?

Goan Fish Curry is a 100% yes.... it's delightful.

The Growler is just a waste. It's not very nice, it's plain old crap, and for the food on offer at Glastonbury is just again, a waste of one of your meals you can experience at Glasto.

Just now, BlackHole2006 said:

Gotta admit looking at the pictutes of the growler on here it does look pretty unnapetising but by god it is an incredible hangover cure.

So much cheese, it's bloody horrible.

I kept getting them in 2010 when I was drunk, then went back in 2011, swore by it, and looked at it, and thought... "What is this nonsense"... i literally gave it to a mate, and went and had a storming Samosa and curry.

31 minutes ago, Bobs said:

Goan Fish Curry is a 100% yes.... it's delightful.

The Growler is just a waste. It's not very nice, it's plain old crap, and for the food on offer at Glastonbury is just again, a waste of one of your meals you can experience at Glasto.

Aye I had a Growler in 2011 so perhaps I have rose tinted specs on after all the time that's passed. Everything else on my list does come above getting one because I really do want to try new stuff.  

1 minute ago, coughedoutmyheart said:

Aye I had a Growler in 2011 so perhaps I have rose tinted specs on after all the time that's passed. Everything else on my list does come above getting one because I really do want to try new stuff.  

Aye I just think theres loads on offer at Glastonbury... a Growler just feels like a waste, especially when you could probably make one at home for like £1!

4 minutes ago, Bobs said:

Aye I just think theres loads on offer at Glastonbury... a Growler just feels like a waste, especially when you could probably make one at home for like £1!

Very true, and at least you could actually cook the bacon properly!

Okay, no Growler for me. Maybe a pie instead.

Never understood the Growler appeal. Haven't tried one nor do I have any intention of it. 

Love Annies mac'n'cheese but was disappointed last year cos they'd run out of basil oil and bacon bits. 

Spent 3 days looking for the raclette place. Worth the search. Nom fucking nom. 

Fish Finger sandwich was a surprise find on the Sunday. A happy way to end the festival. 

Have had some amazing authentic Jamaican Jerk chicken and patties. 

Had some veggie curry from a stall in Avalon. Total meh but was starving. Wont be repeating. 

Need to try the Haloummi cone. Thats my mission this year. Love a bit of squeeky cheese. 

And the roast dinner in the Deluxe diner was just awful. I seriously recommend avoiding it like the plague. Cos I dont want it to get booked out. I nearly wept with joy it was so good. 

Goan fish curry is nice, didn't get blown away but found it enjoyable

Wouldn't have the growler again, although I might have it just cheesy chips in a baguette. They add like 2 quid extra for a couple rashers of bacon.

Grande bouffe is pretty good, very tasty

Gios pizza pockets are the best. Good value for money and they actually fill you up. 

Love to check out new places though, the raclette place sounds amazing.

There was this place in 2014 which sold peanut butter and bacon burgers with sweet potato chips which were insane. Unfortunately they weren't around last year.