Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

Did anyone have any of that Jamaican Jerk Chicken? Oh my god it was a piss take. Soooo damn good.

Came here to put this, unbelievable. Not just the best meal I've had at worthy farm but one of the best meals I've had in my life. Learning how to cook it now.

Good:-

Mac n Cheese with crispy onions and bacon in strummerville

Oggie (as always)

The Parnipships tasting plate

The Bake off Guys pizza place in Williams Green

Fish finger sandwich in circus field (I needed stodge, this was good stodge)

Jerk Chicken next to Babylon Uprising - fantastic!

Also, the "unconventional" fish and chips near Leftfield is the first place I've found in 15 Glastonburys that hadn't undercooked their chips!

The handmade choccies in the farmers market

Not so good:-

Chose poorly for a hog roast option

An average burger from one of the *local organic* places (shame as they can be excellent).

Also was hoping the Blue Moon Cafe would return this year but still no sign (their Ragin Cajin fries were great!)

A full plate of sautéed garlic potatoes for £3 on the path up to the Stone Circle from the railway line. Best thing I had all weekend.

I had this. When seriously hungover. It was a bad idea. Way too strong.

I'm sure I would have loved it another time though and it wasn't too badly priced. Felt like they could have knocked 50p or something off for me for not having cheese though...

Anyone manage to get a £2 oggie on the sunday!

Went before Future Islands on the other stage - must of had way to many left.

Not this year but last year we got a load between us on the Friday when they were selling them off cheap (pretty sure it was a quid) late on. It always makes me laugh now when I see people on here saying how filling they are and how they'll keep you going all day as our mate ate 3 in one hit, and that was after he'd already had a meal earlier on too!

No photos and terrible at remembering names, but I'll give honourable mentions to:

The curry goat from the jerk stand opposite Bread & Roses.

The classic raclette from Le Rac Shack

Thali from Gandhi's Flip Flop

Paneer curry from the Bhangra Bus

The falafel with houmous from the stand on the left hand side of the Other Stage (can never remember what it's called but go there every year)

Churros from the stand near the Park, although that may have been because I had the mega munchies at the time!! :lol:

Finally made it to the Goan after all these years. Excellent, and well worth the wait! I love fish curries, and I'm from Bradford - so I know my stuff!

The bbq pulled pork roll from Beat Hotel was also excellent, as was the jerk chicken from Williams Green.

Biggest disappointment was Paella from Paellarella in williams Green. Pure stodge and threw half away. Shame because I had a great Paella somewhere in 2011.

Had some amazing food last weekend but I always forget the names of places & a picture which means I'm limited to what I can post on this thread. Annoying.

On a tangent, I spilt a load of French mustard on my white t-shirt after having a dirty sausage & chips whilst hammered, any chance its going to come out in the wash?

Had some lovely food:

The pakoras in the permaculture woods were incredible.

Hog roast in yorkshire pudding by pyramid was huge and really tasty

Paella between other and pyramid (maybe called Paellaita)

Thanks to those who suggested la grande bouffe - amazing sausages!

and finally pulled pork from beat hotel

Can anyone tell me where to goan fish curry and the manic organic is normally? Must find that next year.

Came here to put this, unbelievable. Not just the best meal I've had at worthy farm but one of the best meals I've had in my life. Learning how to cook it now.

Yeh mate it was some serious meat. Incredible flavours going on. Almost emotional...

had an oggie (beef) for the first time this year.

I found it very dry,despite covering it in tomoto sauce & too crumbly for my liking, was like a massive Forfar bridie...but can see the appeal as it certainly fills you up and give you energy for the night ahead. 

best meals I had at Glastonbury:

breakfast in a box..(from place at  top of big ground, being a  fussy bastard the guy was very good at swapping items I don't like from the breakfast in a  box deal for doubles of my favs...no eggs / mushrooms / tomatos for me, yes to more bacon & sausages!.)

pulled pork bap & fries  @ smokey tails at the beat hotel, very nice sauce for the chips as well.

had an oggie (beef) for the first time this year.

I found it very dry,despite covering it in tomoto sauce & too crumbly for my liking, was like a massive Forfar bridie...but can see the appeal as it certainly fills you up and give you energy for the night ahead. 

I had a lamb oggie on the Sunday, a bargain at the knock down price of 2quid. Quite enjoyed it, didn't find it dry. I'd just finished a goat curry. But it was such good value I had to go for it. Very filling too.