Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

It was definitely on form. The queues were enormous at times i noticed as well

Yes - I waited about 15 minutes, but it was worth it. Passed the time chatting to two Glasto virgins behind me who had searched high and low for the stall as they had heard all about the famous Goan Fish Curry. Hope they weren't disappointed!

Food was outstanding this year. Highlights were the awesome chorizo breakfast served by the tapas place down from west holts

I went there on Tuesday morning as they were open for business. Great as usual. Worried they won't be there next year as the stall is up for sale :(

I had a bowl full of delicious onion bhajis from dosa at Williams green on Friday, was superb but kept repeating on me for the rest of the day.

Saturday I had a deluxe burger from the dirty burger teepee on the drag from pyramid to the workers tower. Was very nice and just as good as from any other gormet burger joints on the high street. With chips it was a reasonably priced £9.

Sunday I went a bit mad one oggie, a lovely falafel with a plate full of salad and cous cous. But the icing on the cake was the jerk chicken rice peas salad and coleslaw from pk spices on the road from other to pyramid. Absolutely delicious and served by some lovely staff.

5 times to No Bones Jones, guys. 5 times.

Its super isn't it? I missed their brekkie combo though both times I tried. 

I thought the food was cheaper and nicer this year. They've kicked out some of the rip off £12 quid a meal guys that were creeping in. 

The good

Roaming Rotisserie

Yam the Cassava

Rac Shack

Burrito place near Hell Stage

Avalon Cafe

Greenpeace Cafe

Oggie

Yeo Valley

Wood fired pizza place over bridge going from west holts to main market area

The bakery up near accoustic/theatre field

The not so good

Fish and chip place in theatre field (scampi over cooked)

Tor Rugby Club - pretty stingy portion for the price

Pie shop in the markets - pies looked really nice but over cooked and dry

I thought the portion sizes were better too.

True!

Two mates of mine who usually go and didn't this year both asked me about food prices. One of the first things they asked about.

Prices were starting to trend a little north. Presume the festival changed its Ts & Cs when applying for a license? Seemed to have improved across the board.

Edited by The Nal

Anyone remember the name of the french food place on the strip towards the John Peel? Had their beef confit which was not only delicious but at £8 was enough to feed two. Best food find of the year for me by far, not sure if it was new, didn't ever seem to have much of a queue so i expect it was.

The Best New Discoveries

The Rac Shack. Yum. That cheesy goodness.

Grilled cheese toastie van (stilton pear and bacon)

No bones Jones (Stilton and broccoli bake?)

The disappointing

Annie Mae's Mac and cheese. The driest, most bland mac and cheese I've ever had.

Not sure how you upload photos, but did anyone else try the Lobster between Williams Green and West Holts? I didn't think £12 was too bad for what it was... was a big plate full and hands down the best meal I have ever had at Worthy Farm. Had lots of funny comments from passers by as I was eating it haha.

Not sure how you upload photos, but did anyone else try the Lobster between Williams Green and West Holts? I didn't think £12 was too bad for what it was... was a big plate full and hands down the best meal I have ever had at Worthy Farm. Had lots of funny comments from passers by as I was eating it haha.

No but I had the crab and it was great

They did a 16 hour slow smoked brisket which *unsurprisingly* sold out by 3pm each day.

JkSZT4Q.jpg

Yep had one of those! Amazing! Although the pulled pork was my favourite, had that 3 times. They could do with improving their packaging though, ended up being quite messy with just the bit of paper to hold it in.

The guy serving said they have a few shops dotted around the country, so will have to hunt them down.

I made a glorious return to Yam the Cassava...three times. Alas I have no photos nor many other places to review.

I had meant to go there all weekend, finally made it for lunch on Sunday, and then for Dinner. Wow, I wish I had gone Wed, Thurs, Friday and Saturday!

I found the food generally more disappointing this year and noticed a few old faves had disappeared. 

Also - my parents glamped at Yurtel and I went there to collect a few boxes of cider from there car one time, both the mezze platter and chips they do are phenomenal. I mean it's off site and costs a kidney, but fuck it was good

Seemed to always end up in the wrong areas if the site when I needed food this year (mostly to the west of pyramid and other) so didn't really have much good food this time. Special mention for the beat hotel who's pulled pork was massively disappointing after queuing for ages.