Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

I spent a bit of time last year at the festival wholesale market and saw pallots of pulled pork being delivered for all the different traders.

Is pulled pork still on the upwards trajectory?? I assumed Subway's introduction and the invention of KFC's "pulled chicken" meant everyone had moved on a bit?? I do bloody love it, but wonder what the next trend will be. 

Has anyone done a version of the map with some of the popular food stalls marked on it? I feel like I hear about great stuff on here but won't be able to find it...

I haven't seen one but a great idea,I've made a mental note of a few places but a map or list with location etc would be very handy.

Has anyone done a version of the map with some of the popular food stalls marked on it? I feel like I hear about great stuff on here but won't be able to find it...

Never seen a map, but the info points have a list of all the food stalls, and a grid reference of where they are on their big maps. Had to ask where Annie mae's was last year, as it had moved. So if there is somewhere you want to go to ask at the information point!

I'm hoping there's a decent pulled pork stall this year! It was pretty much unheard of here when I last went in 2010.

The Beat Hotel have been pushing their grill on Twitter quite a bit. Might be worth checking out. Seth Troxler's company I think?

With food stalls as well chosen as its bands, West Holts is a haven for the hungry. Whether it’s a mid-morning mint tea or a late-night meat feast you’re craving, there are dozens of snack spots on hand to satisfy. In keeping with the stage’s pan-global ethos, there’s a world’s worth of dining to be done: from French crêpes to Mexican chimichangas. And look out for the £5 meal deals which have been introduced to the Festival this year.

£5.00 meal deal sounds good

£5 meal deal does sound very good! Take it this will be for some of the less exotic fare?

They did this at Boomtown last year. For some stalls it was just a smaller portion of something, for others it was for a simple burger with no frills. Other veggie stalls you got a big plate of veggie noodles. Great idea

Never had anything worth the price from the Beat Hotel. Kinda view the place as a honeytrap for those who'd rather it was in hyde park, complete with london overhyped eatery.

Looks good. How much bigger was adult portion?

You'll be surprised how Le Grande Bouffe's stuff fills you up - I'm a big eater and it shuts me up good and proper no problems. It's not english style spuds and a sausage, it's very hearty stuff

Never had anything worth the price from the Beat Hotel. Kinda view the place as a honeytrap for those who'd rather it was in hyde park, complete with london overhyped eatery.You'll be surprised how Le Grande Bouffe's stuff fills you up - I'm a big eater and it shuts me up good and proper no problems. It's not english style spuds and a sausage, it's very hearty stuff

Hm maybe I will give it a go.

Not that easy - personal taste. There will be literally hundreds to choose from

There are great veggie breakfasts available up greenfields way from the likes of Cafe Tango and Manic Organix which can be nice and light to get you going

Sausage and bacon rolls from bleeding everywhere, quality varies wildly - never had anyone mind when I've asked if it's good, but they could be wrong - they could be wrong

The Juice/cocktail stalls seem to turn into museli and yoghurt stalls in the mornings. There will be the Yeo Valley lot there near the pyramid selling yoghurts at discount too.

But the real joy is the naughty alternatives just cos it's a festival - there's something ecstatic about a loaded steak sandwich and pint of festival strength for breakfast :D

The early morning curry wrap wasn't a good idea though.

I went to West Holts area a few times last year for food and was actually a bit disappointed with the stand collection, the quality had definitely dropped last year from other years. The Goan curry is always excellent, but I think I ended up wandering away for another meal. Maybe I was just in a funny mood that day, but I have found the food in other areas to be better.