Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

The answer is as many as I possibly can. Glasto food is as important to me as the music. I want to sample as many culinary delights there as possible. While I say many more meals, what I mean is loads of snacks and little meals in addition to my three square meals.

My sister and I quite often go halves on meals so we can try twice as many dishes.

Arnold's were far from best burger on site, though I'd say a good step up from fast food burgers - they were better, dropped down a notch and not recovered in about 2005

Best burger last year was the Ostrich Burger stand which had got massive and was just fantastic. Huge black background with orange and green as I remember, and slightly moody staff but worth putting up with

Sure I remember a few years back it being one old dude in a little white and blue stall who was scarily evangelistic about the health benefits of the plethora of ostrich meat things he sold, kinda miss him. Maybe they don't let him out anymore

Not sure last years ostrich burger stall where the same people as previous years as the old stall used to sell all kinds of ins usual meat (crocodile, kangaroo, even chocolate scorpions IIRC) the one I had last year was incradably bland, even with stilton sauce)

Not sure last years ostrich burger stall where the same people as previous years as the old stall used to sell all kinds of ins usual meat (crocodile, kangaroo, even chocolate scorpions IIRC) the one I had last year was incradably bland, even with stilton sauce)

That's the crazy old one I remember! Shame.

Variable food outlets are the bane of food review :-( what can ya do

That's the crazy old one I remember! Shame.

Variable food outlets are the bane of food review :-( what can ya do

It seemed that the same company had multiple stalls (at least 3) I don't think it helped that the burger I had looked like it has been sitting on the edge of the BBQ for ages and ostrich is very easy to overcook, I only bought it as I was on my way to meet friends and there is little else in that area of the site (bottom Webbs Ash) that looked any good.

It seemed that the same company had multiple stalls (at least 3) I don't think it helped that the burger I had looked like it has been sitting on the edge of the BBQ for ages and ostrich is very easy to overcook, I only bought it as I was on my way to meet friends and there is little else in that area of the site (bottom Webbs Ash) that looked any good.

The only time I had an ostrich burger at Glastonbury, it was badly overcooked. My mum had a ostrich farm near her at the time, so I'd cooked it myself quite a few times + I knew what it should have been like. I wouldn't have it from a stall unless they were going to cook it from fresh.

Where would people recommend as the best place to get BBQ on site ?

Last year on the Sunday I went to Kens BBQ on the recommendation of others in our group and it was really good. Got a chicken and haloumi ciabata and there were loads of homemade sauces and relishes to choose from. It's one of the stalls by the Other/NME stage, highly recommended.

Last year on the Sunday I went to Kens BBQ on the recommendation of others in our group and it was really good. Got a chicken and haloumi ciabata and there were loads of homemade sauces and relishes to choose from. It's one of the stalls by the Other/NME stage, highly recommended.

I think I had a Steak ciabata with a massive wedge of cheese from there on the Wednesday night, it was our first meal of the festival and it was spot on.

Where would people recommend as the best place to get BBQ on site ?

Grillstock, just on the road up from West Holts to Greenfields)

Pulled pork was the dish last year and I think Ribs(and Stonecircle got them to confirm on twitter they will be back this year :D).

Not a massive selection but what they do cook is fantastic!

Edited by LondonTom

Grillstock, just on the road up from West Holts to Greenfields)

Pulled pork was the dish last year and I think Ribs(and Stonecircle got them to confirm on twitter they will be back this year :D).

Not a massive selection but what they do cook is fantastic!

Really doubt they'll be there this year, as they're running their own festival on the same weekend.

There was a stall in (I think) The Common, or somewhere around that area, that claimed to be the National BBQ Champions. Had something from there, can't remember what but I think it was fairly decent.

Tip - taking two kids the other year I got two thai curries for them and asked for kids portions. Got two 90% adult portions for the same price as on adult.....

Did it again last year and filled my boots!

Would work for those with samller appetites too

Tip - taking two kids the other year I got two thai curries for them and asked for kids portions. Got two 90% adult portions for the same price as on adult.....

Did it again last year and filled my boots!

Would work for those with samller appetites too

Say it was pretty awkward to walk around in no? ;)

Really doubt they'll be there this year, as they're running their own festival on the same weekend.

Here is the Twitter conversation I had with them, so fingers crossed!

@grillstock Are you @GlastoFest again this year?

@SarahGarth @grillstock @GlastoFest We are!

@grillstock @grillstock @GlastoFest great news!! Still in West Holts?

@SarahGarth @grillstock @GlastoFest yep :) Bigger and better this year

Edited by StoneCircle

• 4 months later...

My girlfriend wrote a blog post about the food at Glastonbury last year (2014) http://www.whatihadfordindins.com/?p=284. It was her first time so its fair to say the choice of quality outlets surprised her. Would be great if people could have a look

Agree with her about La Grande Bouffe! Apart from a now non existent seafood stall up near the Acoustic stage, its probably the best food I've had in my time going.

My girlfriend wrote a blog post about the food at Glastonbury last year (2014) http://www.whatihadfordindins.com/?p=284. It was her first time so its fair to say the choice of quality outlets surprised her. Would be great if people could have a look

Nice one!

I have to ask where did she get this map from/picture from? Is it part of one of the whole site? or just the greenfields I really like it!

paint.jpg

Edited by LondonTom