Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

As much as I love the food at Glasto when I think about it, I never enjoy it as much as I remember. Most likely because I've hit it so hard I can't stomach much apart from things in liquid and powder form. I always return and come on this thread, then think "What the fuck were you playing at, Lewis?"

• 1 month later...

Nice pics ceetee. Though I'm sure my Beat Hotel dog looked better than those! And it was early-afternoon so I was vaguely sober at the time.

I think those pictures were from Sunday, so they probably were better earlier on in the festival

But the doughnuts!!! Oh my they lived up to the hype!

I'm sure we had those and they were just doughnuts. fresh lovely fluffy doughnuts, but you can get those in several places

there were several eateries down from london-town advertising their wares in the run up - we tried a slew and they were all pretty average but bigger queue, higher price. i found myself wondering if the trip was a bit of a wake-up call for a few of them

I'm sure we had those and they were just doughnuts. fresh lovely fluffy doughnuts, but you can get those in several places

there were several eateries down from london-town advertising their wares in the run up - we tried a slew and they were all pretty average but bigger queue, higher price. i found myself wondering if the trip was a bit of a wake-up call for a few of them

Yeah there did seem to be a few of the trendy/shortditch type street food places. Beat Hotel was the only one I tried out of those really. Sometimes stuff does better it is at the time depending on you're intoxication level though :P

I know we had grillstock but what we really need is Ribman!!

znxx.jpg

One of the nicest scrans I've had at the festival.

Coconut & Lentil curry from some place I couldn't find again called Chana Curries, I'm not really a fan of curries either but I like most things coconut based like kormas.

l think it cost around the £8 mark, went down a treat after a few beers. :imsohappy:

Feeling a bit peckish

Looking through this I thought of a sandwich deli next to my old halls of residence called Jakes in Plymouth, everything had melted cheese on it.

Then I remembered being hung over & sore at Glastonbury, the birds circling over the grey sky next to Arcadia... & then how a sausage baguette covered in mayo transformed me into a cider swigging mess.

& I've forgotten the name of this incredible establishment! Help? I remember Scooby Do (the one I had) & Pauline Fowler!

Edit: just remembered it was a Big Dog

Edited by Couchy

That's it. Was the actual stall was called the Growler though?

Not sure what it's called, but you can find it on the right hand side, when facing the Other stage, roughly halfway down. You'll know it by the sandwich board sign embelished with a portrait of Pauline Fowler.

It's bad food at its best!

Edited by stuartbert two hats

From what I remember, the stall is called The Meal Machine.

They've done an amazing job building recognition based on a pop culture reference that was probably done as a throwaway joke many many years ago. Shame the food is bloody awful, you'll get better at a generic burger van next to the Pyramid stage.

From what I remember, the stall is called The Meal Machine.

They've done an amazing job building recognition based on a pop culture reference that was probably done as a throwaway joke many many years ago. Shame the food is bloody awful, you'll get better at a generic burger van next to the Pyramid stage.

That was it, meal machine!