Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

That's unnecessarily cruel. You're at the biggest arts event in Europe and you stop to take a picture of a chubby woman ordering food, I guess your life must be pretty empty. Either that or you're a c**t.

I think the poster was referring to all the salad that people have picked out their food and left on the ledge that you can see to the left of the woman?

I think the poster was referring to all the salad that people have picked out their food and left on the ledge that you can see to the left of the woman?

I must admit I read it the same way as James at first. Your interpretation makes much more sense though and I've revised my opinion.

I must admit I read it the same way as James at first. Your interpretation makes much more sense though and I've revised my opinion.

If you consult that great work of erudition and lexicology Roger's Profanisaurus you'll find that "Salad Dodger" is a term of abuse for the over weight. So the poster's comment is less open to interpretation than it might seem.

If you consult that great work of erudition and lexicology Roger's Profanisaurus you'll find that "Salad Dodger" is a term of abuse for the over weight. So the poster's comment is less open to interpretation than it might seem.

The woman doesn't seem very overweight to me. I didn't spot the huge pile of salad at first but I think this may be what the poster was referring too?

The woman doesn't seem very overweight to me. I didn't spot the huge pile of salad at first but I think this may be what the poster was referring too?

The woman wasn't very overweight, but she was chubby and the term "salad dodger" is sufficiently commonplace as to have made it into Dictionary.com as a derogation. Again, I think the poster's meaning was clear and not very nice.

The woman wasn't very overweight, but she was chubby and the term "salad dodger" is sufficiently commonplace as to have made it into Dictionary.com as a derogation. Again, I think the poster's meaning was clear and not very nice.

I would probably agree with you if it wasn't for the massive pile of wasted salad on the counter. It may have just been play on words in this instance.

I don't know if anyone's already mentioned this - a cursory search said no - but Anna Mae's Mac & Cheese, a street food vendor of some renown down London way, mentioned on Twitter that this year will be their first Glastonbury.

This is completely delectable and naughty Mac & Cheese in all kinds of different flavours - we had a lovely one over the winter that had bacon, basil and pesto alongside the normal bits. Really warming and filling. Kickass comfort food.

Not sure where they will be (can ask on Twitter) but they mentioned that they might be concocting a new flavour for the festival and calling it "Mac Jagger".

https://twitter.com/Anna_Maes

Can definitely recommend this, apparently they're near the Pyramid?

I remember talking to a health inspector at a festival in Ireland before and they swore blind that the salads served at festivals were the worst offenders for food poisoning. Way more so than meats. Apparently everyone knows to treat meat properly (generally) but will be a lot less vigilant of changing gloves from various tasks when going to salads.. and because they don't get cooked... get cross contaminated! So might be a case that the so called "salad dodgers" at that bar were making the right decision. Take with "heard drunkenly at a festival" levels of skepticism.

In an unrelated note and the reason I went into the thread... is there any good non-vegetarian Indian places anyone can recommend? I know there is one going from West holts towards the pyramid but I don't remember it being all that good.

In an unrelated note and the reason I went into the thread... is there any good non-vegetarian Indian places anyone can recommend? I know there is one going from West holts towards the pyramid but I don't remember it being all that good.

The Thali Cafe in the Green Fields is veggie, but they had a 2nd one at the top of the Park last festival that served chicken dishes as well.

I remember talking to a health inspector at a festival in Ireland before and they swore blind that the salads served at festivals were the worst offenders for food poisoning. Way more so than meats. Apparently everyone knows to treat meat properly (generally) but will be a lot less vigilant of changing gloves from various tasks when going to salads.. and because they don't get cooked... get cross contaminated! So might be a case that the so called "salad dodgers" at that bar were making the right decision. Take with "heard drunkenly at a festival" levels of skepticism.

It's made me think no salad for me. I seem to always get festival belly seems like I have the answer

It's made me think no salad for me. I seem to always get festival belly seems like I have the answer

You'd probably feel as bad if you just ate meat all weekend so eat your salads! The odds of getting a dodgy meal are pretty low these days as there are inspectors making sure people do follow the rules and it is generally in stalls interests to stay open and make money. I just found it interesting that it was the veggies that got places closed down a lot more often than the meats (once again source drunk person who claimed to be a food safety inspector in a festival). If you are getting festival belly all the time that has to be something else unless you've a love for divey looking chip vans where the menu is the cooks apron. Pretty sure it was a place like that that gave me my one incident of festival food poisoning and that was back in 2002.

You'd probably feel as bad if you just ate meat all weekend so eat your salads! The odds of getting a dodgy meal are pretty low these days as there are inspectors making sure people do follow the rules and it is generally in stalls interests to stay open and make money. I just found it interesting that it was the veggies that got places closed down a lot more often than the meats (once again source drunk person who claimed to be a food safety inspector in a festival). If you are getting festival belly all the time that has to be something else unless you've a love for divey looking chip vans where the menu is the cooks apron. Pretty sure it was a place like that that gave me my one incident of festival food poisoning and that was back in 2002.

Should wash my hands at the festival I think