Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

The Growler is the low end Jazz-mag of Glasto food.. but at least it's honest and fair enough value for money. Possibly not absolutely healthy.

Edited by Boris

I don't know many people who would consider all of that, together, in one, a normal meal, hence what makes it so out of the ordinary.

It's not a normal meal... it's an enlarged version of a normal meal... doesn't sound special to me. Can see why it is appealing but I'd rather try out something a bit different.

It's not a normal meal... it's an enlarged version of a normal meal... doesn't sound special to me. Can see why it is appealing but I'd rather try out something a bit different.

I've never had a bacon, cheese and chip baguette on any scale in my life, so it would certainly be different to me. It's not the type of thing I'd find myself cooking at home.

I think it has absolutely no appeal unless you are quite drunk and possibly haven't eaten for a day or so. They know their punters!

I think you're right. This slag of a meal is definitely best eaten when half starved and demented of mind. There can't really be many of us who have never bought such an item or similar though.

There's nothing special about the Growler, people go on about it because it had a picture of Pauline Fowler's face on the side of the van. The sort of people who think Mr T T-shirts are funny.

Nothing special!?! Look at this beauty from 2011...

205192_10151338381230289_2369417_n.jpg

My first stop on Wednesday morning for breakie is the Buddha cafe (I think thats what it is called) in the Greenfields - love it and the start of the festival for me. Manic Organic late at night for a curry post last band- and the Hurly burly cafe in circus for breakfast sometimes

Anyone got any photo's of either Buddha cafe, Manic organic or Hurly burly so I can reminisce :-) Thank you

I could eat curry 3 times a day 7 days a week and have done,with all the lovely exotic food to try at Glasto the Growler doesn't look appealing at all,stodge in a bun if you ask me but each to their own some people like that sort of filth. :yes:

Edited by Thearg

Yeah I have to say the growler looks manky tbh.

The one in the photo on the previous page looks way better than the abortion I was served in 08. I was knackered, hungry, cold and could not be arsed walking to find anything decent so bought a Growler. Big mistake. Stale supermarket value baguette containing soggy undercooked frozen chips and fatty, watery bacon with a processed cheese slice on top all swimming in the excess oil that hadn't been properly drained from the chips. By some distance the worst food I've eaten not just at Glastonbury but any festival (and culinary lowlights on that list include Reading, V and T In The Park - even Creamfields and Download weren't as bad!).

The one in the photo on the previous page looks way better than the abortion I was served in 08. I was knackered, hungry, cold and could not be arsed walking to find anything decent so bought a Growler. Big mistake. Stale supermarket value baguette containing soggy undercooked frozen chips and fatty, watery bacon with a processed cheese slice on top all swimming in the excess oil that hadn't been properly drained from the chips. By some distance the worst food I've eaten not just at Glastonbury but any festival (and culinary lowlights on that list include Reading, V and T In The Park - even Creamfields and Download weren't as bad!).

Ok that's settled I'm definately avoiding the growler.

My first stop on Wednesday morning for breakie is the Buddha cafe (I think thats what it is called) in the Greenfields - love it and the start of the festival for me. Manic Organic late at night for a curry post last band- and the Hurly burly cafe in circus for breakfast sometimes

Anyone got any photo's of either Buddha cafe, Manic organic or Hurly burly so I can reminisce :-) Thank you

Manic Organic and The Hurly Burly are listed in the festival food section ..... http://www.efestivals.co.uk/info/food.php?fid=130 http://www.efestivals.co.uk/info/food.php?fid=238

Here is a link to all the listings too http://www.efestivals.co.uk/info/food.php?act=fes&fmid=1&from=0 :)

I'm sure I've posted some of Manic Organic before.

But here's one from 2011:

8026866849_7f924672ae_c.jpg

And one from 2010:

5947753988_f264c05e5f_o.jpg

Buddhafields is ace - we call it 'the purveyor of Vegan slop' but we mean it in a loving way! This was their menu a couple of years ago:

buddhafield.jpg

And this, I'm afraid, is a half-eaten Manic Organic Breakfast Special!

Manicorganic.jpg

I shall be hunting down the Hurly Burly this year, I discovered it at SGP last year. The mugs of tea and slices of cake were marvellous!