Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

Last Wednesday I gave up vegetarianism after 20 years of being a vegetarian! I've never looked forward to Glastonbury more than I have for this one. Ostrich Burgers, Kangaroo Steak, Goat Curry, bring it on. I'm going for the lot. And of course a Growler!!

How come you stopped being Veggie?

One thing I would say is avoid the noodle places at all cost. They did me over big time in 2003, my ex in 2005 and my current mrs in 2008.

I did warn them but suprisingly they didn't listen :P

I went to one of the noodle places twice last year (solely because it was in a convinient place) and I was fine. My mother and aunt and her boyfriend all went there too, as well as the lad I met, and they all coped fine.

Maybe it depends on the specific place?

One of you wiseeee Glasto veterans should make a food map!

i.e., find a map of Glasto, and mark on it the best places to buy food. Last year was my first year, and I didn't travel around much of fear of getting lost, so was stuck with the same Chinese food all week!

And looking at the prices on all this stuff has really hit me rather - I've been a uni student since September and living off pennies a day. Corrrr blimey, this will be expensive!

But....but.....getting lost is one of the greatest things about Glasto! :P

Mmm, I was a bit scared about it last year though. This year I'll be more explorey though. Getting lost is the plan.

You can't get lost in Glastonbury Festival! Its fenced in! Keep walking in a line till you hit the barrier then change direction. If all else fails walk up a hill till you have a vantage point and decide what direction to go in next :) You'll be amazed at what you find when you "get lost" on purpose.

Back to the subject of food, go to the Greenpeace field where the boat is and there is a lovely place that does a whole pizza for a fiver!

I'm now hungry, time to make some breakfast.

Edited by Jodie001

You can't get lost in Glastonbury Festival! Its fenced in! Keep walking in a line till you hit the barrier then change direction. If all else fails walk up a hill till you have a vantage point and decide what direction to go in next :) You'll be amazed at what you find when you "get lost" on purpose.

Back to the subject of food, go to the Greenpeace field where the boat is and there is a lovely place that does a whole pizza for a fiver!

I'm now hungry, time to make some breakfast.

greenpeace field sounds great - where is that normally ?

Hog roast. But only from the one that claims to be the best in the uk. (Haven't found anyone who disagrees with that yet!) Green stall in the markets. Always my first glasto meal. Last year my friend had one everyday, once twice in a day :lol:

its kinda between Jazzworld and shangri-la.. the best place i've found to eat was there too.

It'd describe Greenpeace as being between West Holts and the stone circle, on the right just before the railway track. You really can't miss it.