Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

that looks really disguisting. i'd probably throw up if that thing was anywhere near me.

that looks fanf**kintastic!!!! thats the first thing i'm gonna try next year :)

Food - the cause of contrasting opinions since the dawn of time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No pictures because it's a wish. At this year's Trowbridge Pump Festival there was a stall just selling puddings. You had a choice of about twenty at any one time from things like profiteroles, to gateaux and fresh fruit salads. Would be a great one to meet any munchie needs you can think of and could do well.

No pictures because it's a wish. At this year's Trowbridge Pump Festival there was a stall just selling puddings. You had a choice of about twenty at any one time from things like profiteroles, to gateaux and fresh fruit salads. Would be a great one to meet any munchie needs you can think of and could do well.

They gave away free puddings one night at Rockness last year, it was fantastic. :P

Cant remember the name of either but 2 places i visit every year are the mexican to the side of the jazz stage just before you get to the passage that leads to the toilets and also the Jerk Chicken stall near the jazz world, pyramid, other stage crossover point square pies by the queens head also nice :P

hi I've been going to glasto for fourteen years and i think everybody should try the Dorset blue soup and a good old ostrich burger they are both on the same street opposite each other but the soup is open 24/7 and in my opinion the best food on site

Yeah had the Ostrich burger the other year in a rush from watching the Blockheads at the Acoustic tent trying to get to the Enemy on the other stage 3 of us stopped at that stall I had Ostrich my mates had Crocodile and Kangaroo i think mine was nice must admit not had the Dorset Blue soup though will look out for that this year sounds lovely fancy some now :P

try the mushroom bacon an blue it doesn't look that nice but ah the taste l spent nearly forty quid one year also at the ostrich stall you can get vodka pops with bugs in forget the jungle we've got glasto .pearl jam playing Hyde park Friday Holland Sunday what they doing Saturday?

I've got loads of pics to put up. I got the wife to take pics of me with nearly every meal, specifically to put up on here, I keep meaning to add them but then I get distrated by somethign and forget!!

I ate some form of sausage for almost every meal, it was the best weekend ever!!!

Did anyone else try the restaurant, Malinkeys or something I think it was called, we thought we'd be all sophisitacted and splash out on a meal on the Thursday and it was out of this world, sitting down with amazing food and a glass of wine on the top deck watching the world go by was fantastic, well worth £10 for a main meal in my opinion.

I also had 2 growlers and felt on top of the world afterwards (2 over the weekend, not 2 at the same time!!)

I've got loads of pics to put up. I got the wife to take pics of me with nearly every meal, specifically to put up on here, I keep meaning to add them but then I get distrated by somethign and forget!!

I ate some form of sausage for almost every meal, it was the best weekend ever!!!

Did anyone else try the restaurant, Malinkeys or something I think it was called, we thought we'd be all sophisitacted and splash out on a meal on the Thursday and it was out of this world, sitting down with amazing food and a glass of wine on the top deck watching the world go by was fantastic, well worth £10 for a main meal in my opinion.

I also had 2 growlers and felt on top of the world afterwards (2 over the weekend, not 2 at the same time!!)

Ive never heard of a restaurant @ Glastonbury what was it like and where is it?

• 3 weeks later...

The only thing I can think of that was vaguely restaurant like was the wooden structure on the right as you walked into the field with the Acoustic Tent a few years ago. That was on two floors with an upstairs balcony with a view. It was run by some Fundamental Christian Cult but there were 'issues' with the group and they won't be coming back.

The only thing I can think of that was vaguely restaurant like was the wooden structure on the right as you walked into the field with the Acoustic Tent a few years ago. That was on two floors with an upstairs balcony with a view. It was run by some Fundamental Christian Cult but there were 'issues' with the group and they won't be coming back.

What sorta issues?

Nope, it's not that. That was the Common Ground Cafe in the Acoustic Stage Field which disappeared a couple of years ago after 'issues' with their beliefs, views, publications, comments or whatever camr to light which were ultimately considered to be not in keeping with Glasto. Can't really remember what it was all about specifically TBH but I think it was basically racist and/or anti-Semitic kinda stuff from memory. Ask Mr.Google about "Glastonbury Common Ground Cafe" and/or "Twelve Tribes Community" and you'll no doubt find out the gory details eventually.

I think the Malinkeys (or whatever it was actually called) cafe/restaurant was on the left of the main drag when wandering from a Cider Bus or Meeting Point stylee location in a Bothers Bar or Jazzworld stylee direction. Just after the bridge when you get to the field where Trash City USED to be and where the famous Oggies stall is on the left (Mmmmmm, oggies lick.gif) it was kinda opposite that and near the new very small outdoor circus/theatre stage. Used to be just a cafe there with a sizeable sitty down area that was always real good for for enjoying oggies and a decent coffee from the cafe in but not last year. Looked way posher and rather more like a building so to speak. I've no idea what it was like but it sure looked good from outside anyway.