Great Escape 2009

Guest RaymondM

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they have near enough sorted the confirmaton. it is looking like early morning gigs well for metronomy defo as they're djing at 1am at another bar in brighton. maccabees early morn thurs sounds a wicked way to kick of the fest. the ques shoudln't be too stupid either if that is the case.

One of the admins on the great escape facebook group said

"Festival programms landed on our desks this morning. meep. no turning back now!

Metronomy and Maccabees are playing evening shows, keep an eye out! :)"

So the lineups are pretty much locked in now as they won't want to mess with the printed versions. Time to make some choices.

One of the admins on the great escape facebook group said

"Festival programms landed on our desks this morning. meep. no turning back now!

Metronomy and Maccabees are playing evening shows, keep an eye out! :D"

So the lineups are pretty much locked in now as they won't want to mess with the printed versions. Time to make some choices.

I'm in a bit of a fix and wondering if anyone can help me.

I'm still trying to sort out a place to stay for this and still having trouble. I've found that the Grapevine North Laines hostel has got a place available on the Thursday night (for £15) and I am able to stay with a friend on Saturday night but I'm still stuck for Friday.

I've looked through all the hostels and hotels I can find but they are either full or out of my pricerange (£15-£20 for the night) All I really want is a place I can get a couple hours kip and most importantly, have a shower.

What could I do?

Hey guys, sorry if you all have tickets, but if you don't then try this, it's pretty simple:

There is a competition on Virgin's music blogging webiste http://music.virgin.com/

It's really easy all you have to do is comment saying whether you would rather see Just Jack or The Charlatans.

Here's the full link: http://music.virgin.com/2009/04/14/win-tic...scape-festival/

Good luck

Does anyone know anything about the Ben Kweller gig? He is down to play 10:15 on the Friday @ Horatios, but he is playing a gig at Koko London the same night! The London gig is an "early" show (20:30), but unless he's planning on hiring a helicopter it seems a bit tight!

Also BK website has him down for Saturday in Brighton? Any ideas? As it stands he's clashing with Lightspeed Champion :O

Cheers

if you've got a delegate pass you can expect a large amount of "friendly" banter if you queue jump.

There are a few competitions on the great escape website (and others) to win special tickets for daytime gigs.

I really really can't be bothered with it. It is less hateful than the camden crawl ( had the misfortune to need to walk though camden in the midst of it this year) as it's less condensed into one area. None of the bands playing appeal enough to me to warrent strategic planning and queueing though Slow Club were quite good when I saw them last year.

Anyway it clashes with Eurovision so no way!

I really really can't be bothered with it. It is less hateful than the camden crawl ( had the misfortune to need to walk though camden in the midst of it this year) as it's less condensed into one area. None of the bands playing appeal enough to me to warrent strategic planning and queueing though Slow Club were quite good when I saw them last year.

Anyway it clashes with Eurovision so no way!

Come on Sadwitch it's not that bad! £40 for a 3 day pass to stroll round Brighton listening to lots of different stuff you might not have listened to otherwise.Haven't got much of a plan apart from wanting to see The Acorn.Just looking forward to a boozy couple of days chilling out listening to lots of good music.

I also have tix for the Maccabees 'secret' gig - just hope they arrive before the day as they are being posted to my hotel I'm staying at in Brighton.

Timetable has been updated again folks today so have a check of that for advance planning. (Of course you get one on the day as well !)

Sadwitch - I understand what you mean, although it is possible to 'gig hop' if you choose smaller / lesser well known bands. Its inevitable that some venues are gonna be full to capacity from the start of the eve and you will have to queue to stand a chance of getting in. Otherwise it would mean that the whole event would be running at half capacity venues and wouldn't be financially viable.

lAST YEAR I saw over 20 bands for a 35 quid early bird ticket - thats only £ 1.75 a band. A standard gig might be 6 / 7 quid with 3 bands, so value wise Great Escape can work out better, and it can be a very fun, sociable thing...chilling in the afternoon with a drink or two in Brighton etc...

Each to their own but I have always enjoyed it