Great Escape 2009

Guest RaymondM

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In previous years it's always been really difficult to get into concorde 2 or Audio unless you get there very early.

I've worked a bit of a plan of attack but i expect it to change around a bit so it's probably pointless.

Mystery Jets followed by British Sea Power is bound to absolutely packed - not really sure on the size of venue though? guessing that Charlatans playing coalition will be jammed as it's pretty tiny. Also think that the Enter Shikari gig saturday afternoon will be packed.

oh and the 2 gigs at the corn exchange at 12.30 - metronomy and the maccabees - that's gonna be insane as nearly everything else will be finished by then

Edited by Bruceyy

I'm thinking the two gigs at Corn Exchange if they have got the times right are likely to be clubnight/aftershow things - probably in response to so many night venues being packed out. I've no idea how many people were left out with nowhere to go in the past couple of years but this hopefully gives a bit of an increase to the capacity.

BSP are playing at Sallis Benney Theatre which according to their website holds about 400 people, so definitely one you'd have to get down there early for.

ok i'm seriously confused by the listings now. thought that both The Maccabees and Metronomy were playing at half past midnight on their respective days.. but my friend reckons it's at 12.30 in the afternoon?

what makes it even more confusing is that the thursday lists the band before Maccabees at 11.30am, so that would definitely imply that they're play in the afternoon.. where as the band after Metronomy are listed at 1am on the friday implying that it's after midnight?!

oh what to think? i guess some emailing is in order..

I doubt e-mailing will be any use - we're still a month away from the festival and they haven't officially put the schedules up yet.

That said, The Maccabees MySpace does say Club NME on it so I'm pretty sure it'll be after midnight. A smart move by the organisers moving a clubnight to one of the largest venues they could - even if it is the atrocity known as the Corn Exchange.

some great additions in the latest update of

EVAN DANDO, JOHNNY FLYNN, BOMBAY BICYCLE CLUB, MUMFORD AND SONS, DIRTY STOP OUT, THE TWILIGHT SAD, CURSIVE / EMMY THE GREAT, THECOCKNBULLKID, KOKO VON NAPOO /

POST WAR YEARS, AMAZING BABY, GIRLS

other interesting bits in the latest email is

"Gaymers cider will be hosting The Maccabees grassroots gig in a secret Brighton location, Levi's® OnesToWatch® will be at Audio again this year featuring a very special gig on Saturday afternoon. "

and

"Relentless Street Gigs are taking place through out the weekend, so keep an eye out for those."

Saturday afternoon looks like it's going to be very busy!

I wonder if relentless being involved means we'll get a different style of secret gig. maybe gallows tearing apart the library or ghost of a thousand on the carousel.

Thats awesome. i've been spending months building mine up. clouring in certain bands and such. i just couldn't figure how to do it without merging excel cells

looks like maccabees are doing 2 gigs ove the weekend! Thats a right bonus