Great Escape 2009

Guest RaymondM

I enjoyed reading that write up. :lol:

I'm about halfway through my week's worth of posts (see here). I had a delegate pass (member of the press, innit) so I did a few conferencing shizzle too and I've posted my thoughts from the viewpoint of someone who is increasingly cynical about the industry.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've finally found a thread about the Great Escape Festival! Thank f**k!

We went (me, my girlfriend, my mate and his Mrs) and had an absolutely amazing time. What a weekend. What a festival. What a town.

The first night (thurs), we just chilled out at The Fish Bowl, saw Hockey in the street, then just had a wander 'round and found a few cool bands. Saw The Spires in King & Queen and thought they were awesome. (So much so that we decided to go see them again the next day). After that we went to Hector's House to see Hockey. They were really the only band I wanted to see, which meant we could just wander 'round and discover new bands. Hockey rocked. Love them.

On the Friday we had a mince around and got steadily drunk. Think we tried to see The Charlatans, but it was 1 in 1 out, and that was about 2 hours before they came on. ;) So we went to Arc and saw Lights. She's was pretty cool and incredibly fit! Which is always a bonus. :lol:

On Saturday are only plan was to see Hockey again at Digital. So we just saw random bands here and there... like The Veils, who were cool. Saw Babyshambles' secret gig. That was cool. And then we saw Hockey again in Digital. I've gotta say that was one of the best gigs i've ever been too. Wicked atmosphere. Wicked set and we were really up for it. Brilliant.

So, all in all, it was legendary. We'll deffo go again. £40 for 3 days of brilliant music. The musical bargain of the decade!

;)