Next Announcements

Guest JakeBoz

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was extremely chuffed when i found out Idlewild were playing this morning.

elation falls to bitter tears of sadness, i can't make the Friday for the first time in 5 years (bloody brother, bloody wedding!). so obviously Idlewild are playing that night. bugger! I saw them last time they headlined the Friday, and their last appearance at Leicester Uni....

darn shame, damn.

• 2 weeks later...

http://drownedinsound.com/news/4136907

We're pretty stoked here at DiS - South African dub-fusionists BLK JKS and Icelanders múm have been announced as the final additions to DiS' stage at the Leicestival that is Summer Sundae.

múm will headline, and BLK JKS will join My Latest Novel, Fanfarlo and Dananananakroyd who were announced last week as the first three acts for our stage - also known as the 'Rising Stage'. It's BLK JKS' only UK festival appearance, so it should be a pretty special one.

http://drownedinsound.com/news/4136907

We're pretty stoked here at DiS - South African dub-fusionists BLK JKS and Icelanders múm have been announced as the final additions to DiS' stage at the Leicestival that is Summer Sundae.

múm will headline, and BLK JKS will join My Latest Novel, Fanfarlo and Dananananakroyd who were announced last week as the first three acts for our stage - also known as the 'Rising Stage'. It's BLK JKS' only UK festival appearance, so it should be a pretty special one.

Having never seen him live I'm looking forwatrd to seeing what he has to offer. I'm well aware he may not be the greatest Uk rapper/grime artist but on a line up that is missing a large pressence of these genres its good to see. Sure there are others I would take before him Sway, Plan B, klashnikoff, Roots Manuva, Prof Green, Skinnyman, MIA etc etc but I am happy with this news.

• 2 weeks later...

Horace Andy & Ashley Beedle have pulled out according to Twitter and been replaced by The Beat. (Two original members! And one of those is the drummer!)

That's a real shame - was looking forwards to seeing them.

I suppose the Beat tick two boxes - veteran and ska so it's all good! :lol:

in fairness, the other two members of the beat formed the fine young cannibals, had two us no.1's and have never really wanted to work again, let alone go back to the beat.

i love mirror in the bathroom. if they play tears of a clown, i'll be very very happy. it's a good addition to me.

now all i can hope for now, is a rather lovely, dark haired welsh girl to sneak onto the bill and i'll be a very happy man......

Saw the Beat at Shambala last year and they were very, very good.

Ranking Roger still puts on quite a show and part of the charm of the act now is that his son takes lead vocal responsibilities for part of the show... It's quite a modern sound they have!!!

in fairness, the other two members of the beat formed the fine young cannibals, had two us no.1's and have never really wanted to work again, let alone go back to the beat.

i love mirror in the bathroom. if they play tears of a clown, i'll be very very happy. it's a good addition to me.

now all i can hope for now, is a rather lovely, dark haired welsh girl to sneak onto the bill and i'll be a very happy man......