Home ground camping

Guest drewsstrat

Hi, its my second time this year at glasto (2007 last one) ; We have booked NE coach tickets again, but I am having thoughts about taking a car to get a good spot on home ground. Could anyone remember at what point did it fill up on Wednesday?

Coach probably won't get there until 2.30-3pm on the wednesday - last time we were hearded towards the dairy fields from Gate A (A long trek) as we were told most areas 'full' - the perimeter of the diary fields were empty and we did get a good pitch but are trying to meet with others this time

Will take a car if we need to.. grateful for any thoughts

Hi, its my second time this year at glasto (2007 last one) ; We have booked NE coach tickets again, but I am having thoughts about taking a car to get a good spot on home ground. Could anyone remember at what point did it fill up on Wednesday?

Coach probably won't get there until 2.30-3pm on the wednesday - last time we were hearded towards the dairy fields from Gate A (A long trek) as we were told most areas 'full' - the perimeter of the diary fields were empty and we did get a good pitch but are trying to meet with others this time

Will take a car if we need to.. grateful for any thoughts

Ive camped in the home field every year since i started going and we always get their about lunch time on the wednesday and have our pick of the spots, last year it was slightly busier cus they changed the entrance and most people couldnt be arsed with the extra to get to pennards hilll i dont think.

early wednesday afternoon will be more then fine to pitch up there.

roll on june.

• 2 weeks later...

Please all keep away from the Home Field.

We camp there every year and need all the space we can get - we are a group of about 20.

Seriously, I reckon it's the best location of the whole festival.

It was pretty full by 2pm on Wednesday last year. You could squeeze in the odd small tent but there was no space for a whole group to set up by then.