packt like sardines....

Guest neall

Im looking forward to my 5th glasto in a row this year and am travelling with 11 others from lovely Blackpool.

We've been looking at minbus hire and am wondering whether you could cram 12 people into a 15 seater ford transit. Thats 12people + 6 tents, 12 rucksacks, several crates of beer, a 4 wheel trolley and various other bits and bobs - gas powered hair straightners and portable showers most likely :( .

The other option is a 17 seater but its a damsight more expensive, anyone got any ideas on whether its practical?

Last year there was just 4 of us and it was a squeeze in this:

3030327054_2baaa929a6.jpg

did you pass your driving test before 01/01/1997?

if not you're not licensed to carry more than 8 passengers, you'll have to take a test to get the D1 section of your license.

this happened to us the other year, there was gonna be 2 of us driving the 12 seater we hired, but i passed my test in feb 1997 so didn't have the relevant section. the other driver passed her test in nov 1996 so was fine, but had to do all the driving.

Doesn't look too comfy for those two people lying down. :D

This was a worry, but fortunately 3 of the group are over 30 so the DVLA will trust they can drive a big car without a D1.

They were a bit miffed at first but after a few ciders they calmed down and enjoyed the trip.

I think we're going to take the hit and get the 17 seater, would hate to have to choose between loading the van with tents or beer.

• 4 weeks later...
Im looking forward to my 5th glasto in a row this year and am travelling with 11 others from lovely Blackpool.

We've been looking at minbus hire and am wondering whether you could cram 12 people into a 15 seater ford transit. Thats 12people + 6 tents, 12 rucksacks, several crates of beer, a 4 wheel trolley and various other bits and bobs - gas powered hair straightners and portable showers most likely :huh: .

The other option is a 17 seater but its a damsight more expensive, anyone got any ideas on whether its practical?

Last year there was just 4 of us and it was a squeeze in this:

3030327054_2baaa929a6.jpg

Doesn't look too comfy for those two people lying down. :D