Meat at Glasto

Guest Sam Crawley

Generally the food advice at Glasto is to avoid the main drags, head out to the far flung reaches and try new and yummy (and often veggie) stuff. However, if you need your meaty fix, where is best? The Danish stall served a fantastic bacon and egg breakfast baguette up till about mid-day. Also the Jamaican goat curry is legendary on these boards and I'll be seeking it out next year.

Any other meaty tips? Are there some genuinely good steak or burger places anywhere?

I'm rather fond of the Barbecue stall next to Whitelake Bridge.

And the Hog Roast just the other side of the bridge. The one with the "Voted Best Hog Roast 2003" banner, the others aren't half as nice.

And the Jamacian Chicken place next to said Hog Roast.

And the Bacon & Egg rolls from the Real Meat Sausage Company.

And the Argentinian Steak place on Silver Hayes Road.

How could anyone go Veggie at Glastonbury? It's a form of self punishment surely?

I noticed a very interesting stall which sold sold ostrich, crocadile and kangaroo burgers!! Apparently they were very nice :(

Generally the food advice at Glasto is to avoid the main drags, head out to the far flung reaches and try new and yummy (and often veggie) stuff. However, if you need your meaty fix, where is best? The Danish stall served a fantastic bacon and egg breakfast baguette up till about mid-day. Also the Jamaican goat curry is legendary on these boards and I'll be seeking it out next year.

Any other meaty tips? Are there some genuinely good steak or burger places anywhere?

I'm rather fond of the Barbecue stall next to Whitelake Bridge.

And the Hog Roast just the other side of the bridge. The one with the "Voted Best Hog Roast 2003" banner, the others aren't half as nice.

And the Jamacian Chicken place next to said Hog Roast.

And the Bacon & Egg rolls from the Real Meat Sausage Company.

And the Argentinian Steak place on Silver Hayes Road.

How could anyone go Veggie at Glastonbury? It's a form of self punishment surely?

Yep I came across that stall and found it interesting too. So much so that I went back again at some point for a second meal. :rolleyes:

I defo had the Ostrich burger and can't remember if other time was crocodile or kangaroo.

But I do recall it was tasty & no complaints, service was snappy and the quality of the meat kept me bouncing! :blink:

Mmmmm Argentinian steak............ Now that sounds great actually, thought nothing of it until i went to 'The Gaucho Grill' in Decenber last year and now i can see the difference............. I thought before that a steak is just a steak yeah!!!

But no its an Argentinian Steak............... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm seriously this thread is bad in the mornings.......... So hungry now and its barely 9.30am..............

:blink::D:)

"Also the Jamaican goat curry is legendary on these boards and I'll be seeking it out next year.

Any other meaty tips? Are there some genuinely good steak or burger places anywhere?"

Ooooh! I love Goat curry but never had @ Glasto.

Where is that stall located? Any idea peeps.

Mmmmm Argentinian steak............ Now that sounds great actually, thought nothing of it until i went to 'The Gaucho Grill' in Decenber last year and now i can see the difference............. I thought before that a steak is just a steak yeah!!!

But no its an Argentinian Steak............... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm seriously this thread is bad in the mornings.......... So hungry now and its barely 9.30am..............

:):D:)