The Pixies

Guest russellelly

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Average act not bad not brilliant either, good back in late eighties they must be getting on a bit now, haha ive got a cheek to talk about getting on in years.Why isnt Giddings getting in more up and coming young bands,at this rate its going to be the I.O.W. pensioners festival.Dont get me wrong many of the older act are great,but we need new ones to get the chance to show thier potential. :unsure:

ah the usual suspects moaning i see :unsure:

probably the my favoirite act announced so far such an iconic forward thinking band that laid the groundwork for and inspired so many acts that followed i love The Pixies and am loving the chance to get to see them for only my second time.

russelljelly i recommend you get their best of album Wave of Mutilation if you want to get a jist of what they're about and if you like then you should get Surfer Rosa it's a classic album!

Edited by .jay.

Yes I have, jsut like I have heard NY music,

I dont like The Pixies music.

Did someone make you the music police and I missed it; as I thought people were aloud to like and dislike what ever music they want.

And its just Sunday I dont like, I have said NOTHING about the other days.

Edited by Andrew_iow

Yes I have, jsut like I have heard NY music,

I dont like The Pixies music.

Did someone make you the music police and I missed it; as I thought people were aloud to like and dislike what ever music they want.

And its just Sunday I dont like, I have said NOTHING about the other days.

Edited by .jay.

Thanks. Will check that out later - hopefully it's on Spotify, great for this kind of thing! I'm sure I'll know some songs, just not really been exposed to them. I assume they'll be in the second-to-headliner slot?

to be fair these are the headliners each day seems to have 2 headline acts and they are most of the time going to be older more established acts and who are all these oldies you speak of? the friday night is pretty much oldie free saturday has only razorlight and stereophonics announced so far and the only oldie so to speak is actually neil young.

up and coming bands are always going to be further down the bill or in the big top and never headlining.

out of interest who would you like to see there?

Well for a start lets get off on the right foot I didnt say pixies were rubbish if you read back on my post,the line up has still got to add the zombies another older band yes all these have experience all well and good.There are a lot of up and coming groups e.g White Lies,Florence and the machine,then further up the billing The Cure,Greenday,R.H.C.P,New Order,I could go on well Jay I hope that answers your question. :huh:
Edited by .jay.

erm i don't need to read back on your post as i never said you said they were rubbish where on earth did you get that from?, if anything it's you that needs to re read posts. :huh:

so two acts that were around in the 60's warrant complaints that the line up is too old does it,..... bizarre!

you seem to agree with me on the upcoming acts being further down the bill though i'm not too up on those you mention but they do seem to be the ones everyone and their dog is whring out at the moment, the flavour of the moment so to speak.

and i keep getting white lies mixed up with white denim.

i would love to see the cure, not too keen on greenday been a RHCP fan since 87 but they have disbanded and new order would be great too.

don't know why you're adding the roll eyes smiley at all i just wanted to chat about how you come about the views you put on here for all to read, I'm sorry if we're just supposed to read it and not want to chat about it but rather just take your opinion as gospel and either agree with you or shut the f**k up.

Not at all I like people to voice their opinions thats what the forums all about if you have misread what I have put then I apologise,as my grammer might not be to good,being a novice on the laptop,and not knowing what all the emoticons mean.By the

way New Order have meant to have split as well so that would rule them out also.

ah no worries mate it's easy to read people wrong on tinternet.

new order are always splitting and reforming aren't they? it's as if they're in a constant state of the unknown i wouldn't mind seeing them so long as they played some Joy Division stuff.

and I've gone right off RHCP over the past few years they just changed so much in every aspect both musically and their attitudes they are in no way like the band i fell in love with as a kid and grew up with through the 80's anymore and i can't say I'm sad they've decided to knock it all on the head for a while.

there is no way their over inflated Ego's would even contemplate anything other than headline act and they would demand a ridiculous amount of money too no doubt.

they are a prime example of a band that vcleans up their acts and ditches the drugs only to then go to shit! :P

ah no worries mate it's easy to read people wrong on tinternet.

new order are always splitting and reforming aren't they? it's as if they're in a constant state of the unknown i wouldn't mind seeing them so long as they played some Joy Division stuff.

and I've gone right off RHCP over the past few years they just changed so much in every aspect both musically and their attitudes they are in no way like the band i fell in love with as a kid and grew up with through the 80's anymore and i can't say I'm sad they've decided to knock it all on the head for a while.

there is no way their over inflated Ego's would even contemplate anything other than headline act and they would demand a ridiculous amount of money too no doubt.

they are a prime example of a band that vcleans up their acts and ditches the drugs only to then go to shit! :P