Rugby

Guest Grand High Aviator

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling there might have been a tiny bit of sarcasim in the comment do you not?? But even so does make a good point, some people find these programmes very important!!!

If the Rugby is that important then don't come!!!

Or god forbid watch it when you get back.........................

:P:P;)

I would'nt complain....you're at glasto - do what you want

if somewhere is showing it then champion and top banana......

If I stumbled across it I may have a beer and watch for a little while (believe it or not, I am not against rugby), but then move on to something more interesting...

Edited by MJ2000`

are we still talking about rugby. i got the feeling no one was interested :lol:;)

Edited by mouth

QUOTE (mike99 @ Mar 19 2009, 12:51 PM) *

Tor rugby club has a food stand near the cider bus. I would think they would have a tv showing it?

We got our coffees from them regularly last year, and I bet they have a radio, although mainly they were pumping out dodgy 80's music last year :lol: (typical rugby club disco fodder I guess!!!)

Anyway, hopefully the Q Daily will tell us it is on in the Rabbit Hole or something and those of us that want to see it can see it, and the others can do their thing....it is only 80 minutes out of 6 days for goodness sake, it doesn't make us BAD for wanting to see it!!

If not every month, in many months there is a major televised event.

They range from finals of shows such as Strictly Come Dancing, to key evictions in Big Brother. Even the odd Royal anniversary or a something arguably much more worthy such as a key war memorial event.

These are all part of the national psyche, and something that - even if we don't much care for them ourselves - someone we know does.

So should these incredibly popular televised events be - well, televised - at a *live* music and arts festival?

Remember the *live* thing here. If U2 were performing a gig elsewhere, should that be televised at Glastonbury?

How much TV should there be at an arts festival? I presume the answer here isn't going to be "only the telly I personally want to see, otherwise none at all". :lol:

Oddly it would make more sense if the Lions were actually playing at Glastonbury. Now that would be fun. ;)

If not every month, in many months there is a major televised event.

They range from finals of shows such as Strictly Come Dancing, to key evictions in Big Brother. Even the odd Royal anniversary or a something arguably much more worthy such as a key war memorial event.

These are all part of the national psyche, and something that - even if we don't much care for them ourselves - someone we know does.

So should these incredibly popular televised events be - well, televised - at a *live* music and arts festival?

Remember the *live* thing here. If U2 were performing a gig elsewhere, should that be televised at Glastonbury?

How much TV should there be at an arts festival? I presume the answer here isn't going to be "only the telly I personally want to see, otherwise none at all". :lol:

Oddly it would make more sense if the Lions were actually playing at Glastonbury. Now that would be fun. ;)

I would support a live screening of pretty much any live sport. The key thing being that for many people watching sport "as it happens" makes it more enjoyable than watching it "time shifted" when inevitably the result is known.

But to be honest I can't properly explain why it matters to see it live, it just does. If it is on at Glastonbury and clashes with anything I want to see I doubt I will bother watching a recording after I get home as I will know the result (however hard I try to avoid it).