Outwell Arizona

Guest miss_bunbury

I'm thinking of getting me one of these

Outwell Arizona (not from this site, they are expensive!)

main reason being it's very tall! Also because the big porch which opens up will give us a bit of space to sit if someone plops their tent backing onto the front door overnight (which seems to happen every year)

What I want to know is, do you think it's a bit greedy on pitch space for 2?

And has anyone got one? It's a big spend at £100 so if anyone can offer opinions, would be grateful!

I took one of these last year - brilliant tent, but far too heavy and bulky to lug around (especially travelling by train).

No problem with space (like others have said, there are much, much bigger tents), obviously depending where you want to go and when you're getting there.

Also not easy to put up solo, especially if it's a bit breezy.

Hope this helps,

Al.

Agree with other posters. Too many years of struggling in small tents. Especially if the weathers crap - you need to keep a dry space and wellies away in a corner. 2 people trying to get wellies off in the dark in the rain in a 2 person is no fun at all

A small tent can be a boon - for entirely selfish reasons.

If you turn up early, then you'll be able to pitch a large tent. If you arrive later, you might struggle to find a space.

One year, a friend of mine brought an 8 man tent. We ended up pitching it in a hollow, where nobody else wanted to be. It was no fun at all, and I ended up pitching my 2 man tent on a flatter spot and sleeping there instead.

We have an Outwell Arizona and it is our favourite tent. We used it at our first Glasto in 2007 and it was great to have space for muddy stuff. We took a 2 man last year and got sick of crawling in and out. I think I may have reached an age when getting dressed lying down is no fun!

As for being selfish on size - you will see plenty of tents loads bigger with only 2 people in!

I already have a tunnel tent which u can stand up in....only 10kgs to carry and goes up in 10 mins....the problem is it's nearly 5 metres long. Is this being too greedy? It's a Wynnster Mallard 4. It would save buying a new one and would be easier to spot among the sea of small domes!!

I already have a tunnel tent which u can stand up in....only 10kgs to carry and goes up in 10 mins....the problem is it's nearly 5 metres long. Is this being too greedy? It's a Wynnster Mallard 4. It would save buying a new one and would be easier to spot among the sea of small domes!!

am sure it'll be fine. even the odd gazebo is ok as far as i'm concerned as long as its a size within reason.

the only time i've seen a waste of space is last year in the dance field, this group had this massive party tent (and i mean massive) and noone was staying in it or anything, it was just greed really.

wow .... can i come and stay with you?

how do you put it up in 10 mins

how long does it take to dismantle

i hate my EuroHike because it is a pain to take it down

it's ok putting up, probably more due to exitement rather than ease of design

so, do i take my EuroHike 3 man (for me only) for the extra space + porch

or, my small two man Quelcha seconds pop up