shepton mallet

Guest forum fanny

Hi, we usually arrive wednesday morning in our camper van. We are going to get married on the thursday afternoon in Shepton Mallet (cant do at festival :D ) Is there a bus service to Shepton from the festival? Certainly not going to get van out and back in again. If I remember correctly people pick tickets up at Shepton so there should be a bus service? May be wrong.

one love

Ken and Sonya

Used to always go to Shepton on Thursdays for beers / food but stopped bothering. Always just got a taxi back to the site as far as we could go. Busses are only from the Showground, which is a bit of a walk into Shepton, not recommended!! Getting to Shepton we just used to blag taxi's or a bus driver to take us there.

Congratulations to you both! As Dave says, the shuttle buses don't go from Shepton itself. But I'm sure you'll find a taxi firm who will take you either to the Showground to pick up a bus, or to the outskirts of the site from where you can walk in to the pedestrian gates.

"If I remember correctly people pick tickets up at Shepton"

Ticket collection used to be in Shepton Mallet but not any more. Every year we arrived there very early on the Wednesday morning, due to ferry times from Ireland, and wandered around the town aimlessly until the ticket office opened.

Then the organisers moved the ticket office to the Bath and West Showground outside Shepton Mallet, just to make it more difficult to get to, and last year the ticket office was moved to the festival site where the set up was so disorganised that took 5 hours to get to the top of the queue. Eventually Michael Eavis showed up and everybody had their ticket within 15 minutes.

This year, for the first time since i've been going to the festival, all overseas tickets are being posted out so i wouldn't be too sure about the availability of buses ferrying people directly to Shepton. It's probably worth checking it somewhere other than this website.

Congrats on the wedding, by the way.