Arctic Monkey, KOL, Radiohead

Guest JameSemajj

i think its a great set of headliners, it almost makes me want to go to reading or leeds

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite pleased about radiohead, although im only really a fan of one album, the bends. One of my favourite albums and an integral part of my reading festival experience, The first reading i went to, i woke up at my friends house to this album playing, and now i listen to it every wednesday morning before i leave for the festival, my tradition to get me in the right mind frame :rolleyes: didnt particularly enjoy the other releases. Kings of leon and arctic monkeys were both great live in the past too so im quite exited ;) !!

I've always liked the fact that Reading/Leeds gave a good mix of rock and indie. I think the introduction of Sonisphere has made Download fight extra hard and between them those 2 have grabbed virtually all the top rock/metal acts available, so it looks like this year will be a very indie line up which I for one am not best pleased about. Am likely to spend most of my time at the Lock Up and Comedy stages I think.

I agree. I'm getting sick of Reading each year going for more and more safe and "trendy" bands and catering for the designer welly brigade, who are being looked after at the expense of the loyal attendees . Last year we had Bloc Party play more or less in the exact same place as the year before Kings of Leon this year are looking like playing 1 slot higher than they did 2 years ago, Arctic Monkeys headlining on the basis that their new album will "probably be huge" (what if they end up doing a Kaiser Chiefs' and the new album gets slated and popularity plummits?!)

As I've been saying in other threads, I wouldn't mind these bands flooding the top of the mainstage bill if the second stage wasn't similarly populated, I imagine this year will be much of the same (proove me wrong Melvin!). Id love to see any bands like Megadeth, Nightwish, Machine Head, f*ck it Id even take Nickelback as a second stage alternative to the Arctic Monkeys :ph34r:

If you don't like the headliners there are other stages, even if its not someone you like/know if you hate the main stage go and see if you like it. I'm usually quite innebriahted at that time anyway so if I don't particularly like anyone just flip a coin. Its not the end of the world if I don't like them - go and enjoy the rest of the night in the campsite. :lol:

arctic monkeys have confirmed! :lol::lol:

Had a dream last night coldplay, arctic monkeys, and KOL will head line! haha

radiohead, I sound rather dum here as i know there a huge band, but could someone tell me some of the hit singles, just a few? because i obviously need to familiarize myself with them, as there pretty much certain!

thanks, Lewis

arctic monkeys have confirmed! :lol::lol:

Had a dream last night coldplay, arctic monkeys, and KOL will head line! haha

radiohead, I sound rather dum here as i know there a huge band, but could someone tell me some of the hit singles, just a few? because i obviously need to familiarize myself with them, as there pretty much certain!

thanks, Lewis

The main singles are Karma Police, Creep, Paranoid Android, Just, Jigsaw Falling Into Place, Nude, Everything In Its Right Place, No Suprises, Fake Plastic Trees. But there are a lot more singles and i reccomend listening to them all because they're excellent. And i highly reccomend getting In Rainbows seeing as the majority of the stuff they play will be from that.

Arctic Monkeys will headline this year's Leeds and Reading Festivals

The band will kick off at Leeds Festival, which takes place between August 28-30, at the northern site on the opening day before heading south to play Reading Festival the following day.

from Ticketline.

Edited by therumour

Arctic Monkeys will headline this year's Leeds and Reading Festivals

The band will kick off at Leeds Festival, which takes place between August 28-30, at the northern site on the opening day before heading south to play Reading Festival the following day.

from Ticketline.

well its pretty much gaurenteed this year will be full with indie kids and their straw hats, thinking they are having a mental time jumping up and down to Artic Monkeys.

The only thing that drove me to go is the Deftones and The Prodigy. Two bands which actually requires talent to play their music.