Arctic Monkey, KOL, Radiohead

Guest JameSemajj

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no intrest in any of those 3 bands whatsoever.

I cna maybe see why people might get excited about Radiohead but the other 2 I really dislike.

Big dissapoint for me after a string of great headliners... (RATM, Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Iron Maiden, Pixies...)

It's virtually confirmed now..... what do you all think?

I think it's rather fuking good to be honist..

Btw, did anyone here attend Arctic Monkeys in the Carling Tent 2005? Arent we lucky :unsure:

Radiohead... Quite possibly the greatest band in exsistance.

Absolutely Mattlaz.. well... What i find so good about Reading is that it has almost everything in terms of genres of music.. Metal.. and lets face it, ALOT better than last years Download Festival itself.. Indie, Electo, Punk... amongst others. It's a great oppotunity to see those bands who you wouldn't see, but perhaps can appreciate after seeing them.

If there the headliners, which is now extremely likely, it will be fantastic... Radiohead fgs!

anyone seen the Rock Werchter lineup this year, perhaps you should, i still don't how they bloody do it!

http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/lineup/index.aspx

I agree. I'm getting sick of Reading each year going for more and more safe and "trendy" bands and catering for the designer welly brigade, who are being looked after at the expense of the loyal attendees . Last year we had Bloc Party play more or less in the exact same place as the year before Kings of Leon this year are looking like playing 1 slot higher than they did 2 years ago, Arctic Monkeys headlining on the basis that their new album will "probably be huge" (what if they end up doing a Kaiser Chiefs' and the new album gets slated and popularity plummits?!)

As I've been saying in other threads, I wouldn't mind these bands flooding the top of the mainstage bill if the second stage wasn't similarly populated, I imagine this year will be much of the same (proove me wrong Melvin!). Id love to see any bands like Megadeth, Nightwish, Machine Head, f*ck it Id even take Nickelback as a second stage alternative to the Arctic Monkeys B)