Big Tent Festival

Guest Paul ™

• 1 month later...

Line up so far.........................

The Creole Choir of Cuba 14 singers plus drummers and dancers present ‘desendann, voices of Haiti’

Shooglenifty,

Attic Lights,

Chipolatas and Mr McFalls Chamber playing Martyn Bennett,

Michael Marra playing with Mr McFalls Chamber,

The Treacherous Orchestra,

The Nuala Kennedy Band,

The Bevvy Sisters,

Joe Acheson Quartet,

Prince Edward Island and India Alba

And that lovely man Phil Kay will be back as our weekend compere

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, im reading about the Big Tent here to whet my appetite for next weekend :P

Im new to this festival and stummbled across it when looking for dates for Attic Lights and decided to take in the whole weekend. My friend is coming with me and this is her first festival, I thought she would enjoy this more than some of the bigger events. Im imagining/hoping this will be a far more relaxed weekend... almost like a holiday! :wacko: but just wondering if any tips for us Big Tent newbies? I cant find any confirmation about friday night camping and my ticket doesnt shed any more light?? Also are there things we're not allowed to take into the site?

Also does the Ceilidh on the friday night take place in the arena part? or is it elsewhere....?

Lots of questions i know... but any info would be a great help guys!

Really looking forward to this one, just trying to plan our travel. I intended to drive through but dont want to be boo'ed on arrival!!!

Hi everyone, im reading about the Big Tent here to whet my appetite for next weekend :lol:

Im new to this festival and stummbled across it when looking for dates for Attic Lights and decided to take in the whole weekend. My friend is coming with me and this is her first festival, I thought she would enjoy this more than some of the bigger events. Im imagining/hoping this will be a far more relaxed weekend... almost like a holiday! :D but just wondering if any tips for us Big Tent newbies? I cant find any confirmation about friday night camping and my ticket doesnt shed any more light?? Also are there things we're not allowed to take into the site?

Also does the Ceilidh on the friday night take place in the arena part? or is it elsewhere....?

Lots of questions i know... but any info would be a great help guys!

Really looking forward to this one, just trying to plan our travel. I intended to drive through but dont want to be boo'ed on arrival!!!

Hi Folks,

Im planning a family day at Big Tent, parents, hubby, daughter who's 2 years. Is this a suitable festival for a wee one? Im a regular T goer so have a few concerns but the family zone looks terrific. Anyone takin their kids?

We had another great time this year, really enjoyed the moonzie allstars, trecherous orchestra and attic lights. The festival does seem to be growing quite quickly and there are still some issues with the camping area,although it has vastly improved since last year. All in all a great wee festival that has become one of my regulars. Oh i almost forot to mention the superb blackisle beer/cider, i drunk gallons of the stuff ;)