Neil Young....

Guest Andrew_iow

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I aint saying he aint talented because he is.... but he aint for my headline material, sometime Sunday afternoon would have been on, just right for "chillout Sunday" but as for headliner, Sunday always goes out with a "bang" and I aint talking about the fireworks, NY aint going to do that...

I aint saying he aint talented because he is.... but he aint for my headline material, sometime Sunday afternoon would have been on, just right for "chillout Sunday" but as for headliner, Sunday always goes out with a "bang" and I aint talking about the fireworks, NY aint going to do that...

Right....I will check out his music as i generally do for any act before commenting on whether they are good back or indifferent. I don't think you need to make a personal remark to me though about what would or wouldn't suit me better? With all due respect, you don't actually know the first thing about me and my musical backgrounds/taste.

With all due respect, I know you're a fan of awful pop. Your posts say so. :lol:

then you clearly know nothing about him. :lol:

Trying to look on the good side of things. Im glad there are two stages as i do get a choice im not gunna slag off neil young i dont particularly want to see him but thats my choice although i will look him up to see what his songs are like.

Anyone recomend any good songs he has done.

Edited by iowighter

why are people saying he would be good for a chilled afternoon performance? id imagine you've not heard much by him if you think that. he's not called the godfather of grunge for nothing!

just listen to weld, and then still think he'd be only suited to a quiet afternoon!

The moaners are all mad....this is great news and a great act. Its a shame he's not playing with Crazy Horse. For all the ignorants, Neil Young is an important mile stone in rock, he is the godfather of Grundge and one of the best live acts around.

Get some NY albums (there's enough around!), get educated, and look forward to a treat........

Mixed feelings about this.....firstly i'm made up he's playing the festival as I think he's brilliant , for those who want to check out a few of his songs Cinnamon Girl, The Needle and the Damage Done, Like a Hurricane and Rockin In a Free World will be good for starters..........however is he headline material??? I don't think he is......how often has a headliner been announced and people have genuinely asked 'who?' , he shoud have played in the same slot as The Stooges last year.

I for one am looking forward to it anyway.

Mixed feelings about this.....firstly i'm made up he's playing the festival as I think he's brilliant , for those who want to check out a few of his songs Cinnamon Girl, The Needle and the Damage Done, Like a Hurricane and Rockin In a Free World will be good for starters..........however is he headline material??? I don't think he is......how often has a headliner been announced and people have genuinely asked 'who?' , he shoud have played in the same slot as The Stooges last year.

I for one am looking forward to it anyway.

Some of you people clearly have no idea how lucky you are. Neil Young is one of the all time classic artists in rock and much like Springsteen he still delivers his art with real passion and intensity. If I wasn't going to be a Grandpa around the time of the festival I would have tried to score a ticket this morning (well, probably a few months ago). Its amazing news for those intending to go but pretty painful for those hoping to see him at Glastonbury after all these years.

i cant name any of his songs......

:P nothing....im just stating that i dont know any of his songs

i dont think people understand NY's quality,NY pisses on radiohead bob dylan, police, and other commercialized bands....honestly there is a reason why the majority of what is deemed to be headlining bands all at one point have done a NY cover once, or stated they love his music.

i know my grammar is awful in this post, i apologize

i dont think people understand NY's quality,NY pisses on radiohead bob dylan, police, and other commercialized bands....honestly there is a reason why the majority of what is deemed to be headlining bands all at one point have done a NY cover once, or stated they love his music.

i know my grammar is awful in this post, i apologize