Slam Dunk Festival 2009

Guest Thisisnotasmile

A few weeks ago Cobra Starship were confirmed to be playing this year's Slam Dunk festival in Leeds, via The Cockpit's website. As I say, the news is quite old so you may have to scroll down a bit to see it, but it is there:

Cobra Starship - Sunday 24th May – Slam Dunk Festival, Leeds University. Ticket holders for the Leeds show can upgrade their tickets to Slam Dunk Festival tickets. All you to do is keep their tickets and bring them on the day of the festival. You will have to pay an upgrade fee of £9 on the door. Anyone not wishing to do this can get a refund on their ticket, but this must be done from the point of purchase before the 1st March.
Edited by Thisisnotasmile

Screw that:

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseact...logId=475830715

You Me At Six, The Blackout, Cobra Starship, Silverstein, We The Kings, Anti Flag, Hundred Reasons, The Slackers, The King Blues, We Are The Ocean, Attack! Attack!, Polar Bear Club, Sonic Boom Six, Farse, The Ghost Of A Thousand, Devil Sold His Sold, Hollywood Undead, The Urgency, Sing It Loud, Hexes, Ruiner , Defeater, Random Hand, The Skints, In Case Of Fire, Canterbury, Paige, The Auteur.........

All confirmed with more to come...

Last year's line-up beats this at the moment. When I saw the line-up, I was like "Cool, Hundred reasons, haven't seen them for over a year! Anti-flag were awesome supporting Rise Against too, that should be good! And The Blackout, just after they release their new album and just before they play Download for the first time, should put on a good show, like they always do!".

And then they announced that all three were headlining stages, so I'd only get to see one of the three good bands there :/ Other bands I'd see are WATO and Silverstein. £21 for three bands isn't bad (I payed ~£27 for Bullet/Fightstar/TBO at the Royal Albert Hall at the end of this month), but when you've seen one of those bands 7 times already (WATO), one you feel 'meh' about (Silverstein), and one that sod's law says will put on a bad set and you'll wish you'd have gone to see one of two other good bands playing at that time, it's not worth £21.

When they announce the other bands, I'll make a decision, but so far I'm feeling let-down by Slam Dunk this year =[