Offset Festival 2009

Guest gregory

http://www.offsetfestival.co.uk/

Offset Festival: September 5-6 2009.

Offset returns to the beautiful Hainault Forest Country Park this summer, with another weekend of forward thinking music, creativity and fun in the forest.

Offset joins the dots between cutting-edge new bands and their influences, and takes place just 30 minutes from central London (by tube!). Over 200 artists will once again perform over 8 stages.

• 1 month later...
Can anyone tell me anything about the Offset festival taking place in Hainault Country Park this September. Unfortunately, I cannot find that much info out there.

Specific questions that I would like answering (though any information would be gratefully received) are: -

- How many people tend to go?

- Can you easily walk from the festival site to the nearest tube station?

- Is there plenty of room to pitch tents if arriving on the Saturday?

- What time of day do bands tend to start?

Thanks in advance for any info :angry:

the campsite opens on saturday, so you'll be in the same boat as everyone. was loads of space last year.

bands go from 12-11 with the dancier tents going on later.

not sure on numbers last year but it was very spacious.

the walk from the tube is a bit far i think, but there is a bus that goes right to the festival entrance i think, my friend did it last year and found it pretty easy.

hope thats some help.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

yeah, line up is getting better by the week!

how easy is it from the station? says a shuttle bus goes to and from but how many and how long wait etc?

says on website that you are allowed to bring a crate each of alcohol, does this mean you can pop out for more if you have some in your car etc? And are you allowed to take a few cans with you from campsite to watch the bands etc?

on a whole is it a keep the peace have fun affair? or is it a strict security hassle doing anything?