Pile of shite.

Guest jamesbduk

But not the year before, or the year before that.

Or in fact any of the first 8 V's I went to.

It's because the lineup's have become boring and predictable.

We've known for ages that it was going to be Oasis and The Killers, I just hoped to there'd be a few suprises or hidden gems.

I'm chuffed that Fatboy Slim's playing but that's about it.

I'll go anyway, cos it's a chance to get happy in a field with a load of mates, but like a lot of V goers, I go inspite of the lineup now, not because of it...

That said, if they add The Cribs / The Manics / De la Soul / Flamin Lips / I might cheer the feck up...

I take it your chuffed with Razorlight, Snow Patrol, Lilly Allen etc?

Hmmm I'm kind of underwhelmed. There are a couple of good things going on in there, just a shame that (as indie has just said) there are a load of acts that are reappearing again, after only a year or two away. Saying that, I just like being in a field with mud, camping, mates and beer, the music is a bonus <_< Fat boy, Biffy, streets and MGMT will be very good. The rest I'm not that bothered about, I will just go with the flow

Both bands have sold out to the mainstream = they end up playing at V!

I would never go and see Biffy again after the way they treated fans at R & L Festival last year with thier choice of set list, only playing one track from their 1st 3 albums whilst playing 8/9 tracks from Puzzle, from Cult band to sell outs :P

As for Pendulum, they are massive now and going off last years crowd at Leeds, every single chav at V will be going mental to slam, it will be very messy indeed!

my view on Taylor Swift is:

If she's the biggest selling US artist, let her play mainstage at US festivals. Until she has proven herself over here she shouldn't have that spot. That should go to an establish older band which will get everyone in the mood for the upcoming day.