Bloom Festival. Last few early bird weekend tickets left.

Guest Bloom_Box

Just last month we released 500 Early Bird (full weekend) festival tickets and they have been selling like proverbial hot cakes!! We literally have a handful left so snap em up quick if you want to grab them at the bargain basement price of £50.00 a pop. Head to the Bloom Festival website to purchase today!!

www.bloomfestival.com

*Please Note: Early Bird Tickets are exclusively available through the Bloom Festival website*

• 5 months later...

and here's the press release......

Bloom Festival 2009 Cancelled

It’s with a heavy heart and great regret that we have to announce Bloom Festival 2009 will not be taking place on 14th – 16th August. However, the team will be back next summer - the dates and license are already confirmed at Chepstow Racecourse for August 2010.

There have been a number of obstacles that team Bloom have had to deal with this year – having to move site at very short notice some weeks ago and difficult economic conditions have affected them in a big way, and have meant that they have been on the back foot for most of the year. Under the circumstances they feel that the best decision at this juncture is to draw a line under 2009 and concentrate on staging the event we all love so much next summer.

“It’s been an incredibly difficult decision for us to make, as Bloom is an independently run organisation, built from our very heart and souls”, says festival organiser Olivia Chapman. “We have worked tirelessly for the best part of nine months on this event which makes it very hard for us to walk away from it. However we have to think of the bigger picture and feel that we are making the right decision”.

That said, there are a number of options that the Bloom team can to offer ticket holders, so please read on and look at what they have put together for you:

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::

1. Bloom heads to Beachdown Festival, 28th -31st August

Beachdown Festival has invited Bloom to join them at the end of August. Similar to Bloom, Beachdown is an exciting, new independent festival which has an excellent array of artists and activities lined up across 4 days. We really love their ethos and vibe and believe this is the ideal alternative for those wishing to get to a festival this summer. Headliners include Grace Jones, The Zutons, Laurent Garnier and Grandmaster Flash and a whole host more – check www.beachdownfestival.com for full details.

We have set up an exclusive ticket exchange scheme where upon presentation of a Bloom Festival ticket (face value of £75.00), you will only need to pay an extra £22.50 to upgrade to a full Beachdown weekend ticket. And the good news is that Beachdown lasts 4 days so you’ll get a full extra day of festivaling!!

We will have a small Bloom area so please come and join us for what promises to be a fantastic weekend. In order to register please email bloom@beachdownfestival.com stating your full name, address and Bloom Festival ticket numbers. If you want any further information regarding this opportunity please feel free to get in touch with us direct as well.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

2. Big Chill Festival,

The Big Chill have also offered Bloom ticket holders the opportunity to exchange tickets if you would prefer to head there this coming weekend. You will be required to pay an extra £55.00 to trade up to a full Big Chill weekend ticket. Headline acts such as Orbital, Basement Jaxx and David Byrne are on the line up as well as DJ acts like Tom Middleton and Mr Scruff. www.bigchill.net

3. Bloom Tickets

All Bloom 2009 ticket holders will automatically receive a ticket for Bloom 2010 + another one FREE – even if you choose to use your ticket to go to any of the festivals mentioned above. These will be printed and sent out in the next couple of weeks.

5. Bloom FREE Party @ Motion, Bristol, Saturday 15th August

We know that there will be a great deal of you who have booked the Bloom weekend for a big party, so we are looking to put one on in Bristol. This will be free to all Bloom Festival ticket holders – more info to follow.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused and hope that you will stick with Bloom through this very difficult time. With your help, support and good will, Bloom will be back bigger and stronger in 2010!

Thanks for letting us know. Bloom have not bothered updating their website yet so other than vague rumours this is the first bit of definite information I have seen.

What I didn't see in the press release is what do those people who want their money back do, or even if this is any realistic chance of a refund. I already have Big Chill tickets and the weekend of Beachdown I have tickets for Shambala. As for tickets for next year??? Well last years organisation was chaotic (although I thoroughly enjoyed it) and this year cancelled. I don't hold out much hope for a Bloom in 2010.

What I didn't see in the press release is what do those people who want their money back do, or even if this is any realistic chance of a refund.

we've asked this question to Bloom's press office, and are waiting for them to get back to us. I'll post the answer here when we have it.

(the guy dealing with it is currently out of the office, so it might be a while before we have it).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

add me to the list of disgruntled people

galling that they can go into liquidation and then be promoting other events

i understand that it wasnt their fault that tickets didnt sell, but some communciation at least wouldve been appreciated since oct 09

• 2 weeks later...