Neil Young

Guest autonomy

enjoy the ting tings you c**t :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never actually heard the Ting tings, what songs did they have? I just know they are popular with people

You said in an earlier post

How can you not care for his stuff if you haven't heard of him ? Will check out Ting Tings shortly B)

oh f**k off you dickhead....everyone is allowed to have opinions - mine is that i dont think neil young should headline....hes just not right for iow

how can you have a valid opinion about an act you've admitted in another thread that you know absolutely nothing about? <_<

Everyone has opinions, but some are clearly worth more than others. B)

I cant actually believe people are moaning about Neil Young playing, it's actually unbelievable....... guess people don't appreciate good music and would rather have festivals full of here's your 5 minutes of fame "pop" acts like the ting tings etc

checked his myspace after never hearing any of his stuff

i nearly fell asleep at the keyboard

i hear he is a legend.....maybe

But he's not my cup of coffee ;)

so il be watching charlatans

I don't want to have to resort to any unneccessary bollocking of those that fail to understand the majesty of Neil Young - after all everyone is entitled to their opinion (even if they are wrong!), but it really does seem to give you an idea of the sort that go to IOW. How anyone with any heart or soul could prefer lumpen old Bon Jovi soundalikes the Stereophonics to one of the most influential songwriters of all time just beggers belief. Even little old Kelly would be embarrassed by that one.

If any of you IOWers have any doubts just buy a copy of 'After the Goldrush'.

If you're still not happy, then you are clearly deaf, dumb or clinically insane.

Why are so many of you so annoyed?! Young is a massive name and massive headliner!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe you lot, he is much better than anything you had last year and so far this year!!!! You lot clearly dont know anything about music and how much Young has done for it!!!!!!!

I don't want to have to resort to any unneccessary bollocking of those that fail to understand the majesty of Neil Young - after all everyone is entitled to their opinion (even if they are wrong!), but it really does seem to give you an idea of the sort that go to IOW. How anyone with any heart or soul could prefer lumpen old Bon Jovi soundalikes the Stereophonics to one of the most influential songwriters of all time just beggers belief. Even little old Kelly would be embarrassed by that one.

If you're still not happy, then you are clearly deaf, dumb or clinically insane.

Edited by Tomo18

You're mssing the point here. Both Stereophonics and Neil Young are piss poor headliners. I'm NOT saying Young's music is bad because its something I'll never listen to out of choice, so can't comment, but many people on this forum think he is the wrong choice. Previous headliners have had mass commercial appeal, (Bowie, Stones, REM, Police etc) and I honestly don't think Young fits the bill.